Help Please

evilmarshy

Still Fresh
Hello, I have 2.0 and I recently installed a new skin. It was working fine until I restarted my GP2X. The black screen takes slightly longer to load and im stuck solid on the green screen. How can I fix this. I saw something about reflashing, How do I do this?

PokeParadox posted on Aug 23 2006 at 10:39 AM said:
plug in the power supply and old start and select... it should say firmware upgrading. LEave it alone once that process has started.

Im using recharagables and It still does nothin. Do I hold start and select then switch it on or just after I switch it on?

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm make sure your batts have a decent amount of charge before doing this, the process has to complete. But yes hold start and select either before or as you switch on the GP2X.

There should be some files on the SD card from the skin also...

EEk! still nothing. How can I re-install the firmware If the firmware install files arnt there.

:p uhh that leads to another problem no SD reader. Is there a way I can access the SD from the USB through windows. I dunno GP2X Drivers for windows.

evilmarshyx posted on Aug 23 2006 at 11:59 AM said:
:p uhh that leads to another problem no SD reader. Is there a way I can access the SD from the USB through windows. I dunno GP2X Drivers for windows.

My recommendation is to buy an SD card reader, they are only a few pounds / dollars. Make sure you get a USB2 reader

Last edited by a moderator:
actually my cousin has an inbuilt multicard reader. Should that have an SD reader on it?

I cant USB netowrk because It says I have to enable menu extension at set the IP but I cant access this.

He can't access it, he installed a new skin and something went wrong, which is why he now gets a black screen :)

Back