Help...smc

kulak4

Still Fresh
Hi.
I have a problem with SMC or emu(I'm not sure...). The thing is, that when I run SNES emu(opensnes), a white line appears in the top part of the screen. It looks like the emu doesn't work right, but I had the same problem with DrMD and frodo. But there(DrMD) the problem disappeared when I changed screen mode to Taiwan. I though, that the card was broken, but in the new SMC is the same thing. The second problem is speed of little Johnny. When I transferred a lot of emus on the new card, the amount of fps were about 6. Only when I deleted the most emus, the speed was right. So this 128MB are fake and to play in good speed on every emu, I can't fill out my SMC to full? Next problem is about playing movies. When I tried to watch movie(size-5MB, format avi), it reset my GP32. And the last thing is GPvsGB and NeoGP32 emu. It was ranked very good, but every game, that I tried to play on GPvsGB were broken(textures weren't shown properly etc.). And when I tried to run roms on NeoGP32, it reset GP32. Can somebody answer this? Sorry for so many questions, but I'm still a newbie in GP32.
Bye.

The white bar is an issue with the newest BLU+ units, not a problem, as we now have a patch for it (look at the gpcinema2 posting on gp32x).

Most progs will work fine, only ones with current issues seem to be the 1 snes emulator, a couple of old homebrews, and the like. They can all be fixed though.

Try out osnes9x on the gp, its faster without sound.

White line: This is a BLU+ issue, for SNES download osnes9x blu+ version.
And in DrMD, for example, you can switch the display types to get rid of the white bar.

GPCinema2 has been patched recently to work on the BLU+.
I hope you now, that you have to encode movies, so they run properly on the gp32...

GPvsGB? Try fGB32 for gameboy emulation and forget about NGPC until fDay.

Don`t know why LJ slows down, just try to keep at least 5 mb or so free, or try to format the card, as it may be very fragmented, which could cause slowdowns (don`t know exactly)

Hi.
I have another problem with opensnes blu+ version. There is no white bar, but I can't play any game! When I'm trying to load rom, GP freezes. Opensnes normal version had this stupid bar, but I could play(game loaded without any problems). Maybe the problem is, that I have a GP BLU(not +)?
And I have got next question. Somebody on this forum said, that the gbc emu works great. But when I played on GB32 emu, it was far away from working great. When I changed frameskip to 0, and switched on frame limit, it was slow. This frameskiping causes, that the game runs with "artificial" rise of speed to the original. In fast games it looks awful! Lucky, that I didn't sell my gbc, because I'm a little disappointed of this emu. I played Mario tennis on GP32 and gbc. There is no comparison. The gbc emu is good only for games without fast action. Is there a better gbc emulator(probably not)?
Bye.

kulak4 posted on Aug 3 2005 at 08:33 PM said:
Hi.
I have another problem with opensnes blu+ version. There is no white bar, but I can't play any game! When I'm trying to load rom, GP freezes. Opensnes normal version had this stupid bar, but I could play(game loaded without any problems). Maybe the problem is, that I have a GP BLU(not +)?
And I have got next question. Somebody on this forum said, that the gbc emu works great. But when I played on GB32 emu, it was far away from working great. When I changed frameskip to 0, and switched on frame limit, it was slow. This frameskiping causes, that the game runs with "artificial" rise of speed to the original. In fast games it looks awful! Lucky, that I didn't sell my gbc, because I'm a little disappointed of this emu. I played Mario tennis on GP32 and gbc. There is no comparison. The gbc emu is good only for games without fast action. Is there a better gbc emulator(probably not)?
Bye.

Yeah, Bye.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing like good advice and cosy atmosphere...ehh, no comments...

Back