HELP!!! Weird Pandora Problem!! [Not Quite Solved Yet]

OK, GnGeo did not work out for me, got NEOemu from ptitseb...not working out either...what romset does it use?  I had no idea these were updated since I last installed them...the repo does not indicate so...but I am having problems.  And I have the neeogeo.zip file.

Are you not using PND manager to indicate when pnds are updated?
Did not know you could or should.

My thing is...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I know, not an attitude most in Pandyworld go for, but there it is.

That is why, until recently, I was running Super Zaxxon 1.54 when everyone else was running 1.71

OK I managed to solve SNES, but not GNGeo.

I am now working on PCSXrearmed.

Temper and Hugo were no longer available, but I got the PCEemu, so no problems there.

ColEm and Intellivision are working again.

All my MAME and FBA stuff is working, and all my Nintendo and Sega stuff is running now.

Next area: Atari!!

OK, all Atari now working, and UAE4ALL.  Now on to MSX, VICE, and Beebem.  Then Compo Mame and Tournament hub.

Last edited by a moderator:

My thing is...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I know, not an attitude most in Pandyworld go for, but there it is.

That is why, until recently, I was running Super Zaxxon 1.54 when everyone else was running 1.71
You can yes.  Agreed, that you aren't required to, but it may be sensible especially if you've just done a big OS update.  A lot of small things changed between SZ1.54 and SZ1.71, and some of those meant that hacks that old software did to work around old bugs aren't necessary any more and are in fact often now dangerous.

You can install PND manager now if you want, and it will connect to the repo and scan all of your PNDs for updates.  You can use it to selectively apply updates if you want - it'll list all the available updates, and from those you can select one, press B to go to the package page, then press Y to update that PND only.  However, unless the author has listed the changes in the package description, you'll need to look at the boards thread to find out why it's changed.  Once you've finished with doing all the updates you want, you can uninstall PND manager if you want, and delete its appdata (or leave it, but don't run it, or continue to run it periodically if you want to check for updates).

You can yes.  Agreed, that you aren't required to, but it may be sensible especially if you've just done a big OS update.  A lot of small things changed between SZ1.54 and SZ1.71, and some of those meant that hacks that old software did to work around old bugs aren't necessary any more and are in fact often now dangerous.

You can install PND manager now if you want, and it will connect to the repo and scan all of your PNDs for updates.  You can use it to selectively apply updates if you want - it'll list all the available updates, and from those you can select one, press B to go to the package page, then press Y to update that PND only.  However, unless the author has listed the changes in the package description, you'll need to look at the boards thread to find out why it's changed.  Once you've finished with doing all the updates you want, you can uninstall PND manager if you want, and delete its appdata (or leave it, but don't run it, or continue to run it periodically if you want to check for updates).
Thanks for the info.

Like I said, I am downloading all fresh from the repo already as part of my rehab project, so I should have the latest on everything, but will keep this in mind.

Just as an example, I just went from Firefox 13 to Firefox 38.

Last edited by a moderator:
so I should have the latest on everything, but will keep this in mind.
things get updated often, and it's not "it aint broke don't fix it", there are many bug corrections and improvements as you go too. Keeping things up to date is something that is great with Linux repositories in general (PNDs are a bit different in that sense but you get the idea) so you should take advantage of it. 

so I should have the latest on everything, but will keep this in mind.
things get updated often, and it's not "it aint broke don't fix it", there are many bug corrections and improvements as you go too. Keeping things up to date is something that is great with Linux repositories in general (PNDs are a bit different in that sense but you get the idea) so you should take advantage of it. 
Oh, you are totally right...I should.  I just often don't, LOL.

Anyway, mostly done with rehab now, so I am going to SOLVE this topic and start one more, because there are a couple of help things I could use.

OK, so I finally rehabbed my Pandy.  I got virtually everything replaced and updated.

I DO need to rebuild my Playlists on Audacious, but that will wait for tomorrow morning, as I am about to pop off to bed.

What I could use help with are the following...

GnGeo, and Neopop-ex2 - What romset do these use?

My old romset worked fine on the old system...has something changed?  I DO have clrmamepro and know how to use it...but I need to know what romset it needs, so that I can convert.

VICE - the commodore emulator....how in the name of all that is holy do you get into the GUI?

I managed it once, by accident, and don't remember how I managed it.

I got all the games and stuff in there, no problem, just don't rememebr how to get into the GUI.

Help appreciated, and thanks!

By the way...after this is all done, I am gong to make a backup exact dupe of the card I currently have, because I am NOT going to go thru this a second time, LOL.

FWIW, I can't find any program called 'neopop' in the repo, and doing an internet search for it just gives me loads of 1980s pop music.  GnGeo and Vice haven't been updated since 2012 though - the same year 1.54 came out, so I'm surprised you needed to do any updates to them.

I'll try to check later to see if I can figure out how to get to the gui in VICE.  There's nothing in the repo docs or any links to board threads for that.  I've no idea about GnGeo romsets I'm afraid, apart from someone on the repo saying you need to make sure you use the right set (but not saying which set that is).

I solved NeoEmu on my own...this is the same as GnGeo.  I needed a new neogeo.zip file.  The old one did not work any more.

This did not solve for neopop.

This is the neo-geo pocket program.  there used to be one called RACE, but it is no longer on the Repo.  the RACE game used .ngp files.  Not sure if the other one I am using does.

I gave up on neopop.  I was able to rescue RACE from my old card, and use it on the new.

So now the last things I have are...making my playlists on Audacious, which I can do....and getting into the GUI on VICE.

Then I got to make a backup card.

Other than that, all done!!

OK, Playlists basically rebuilt.  Now I just gotta back up the card, making a whole new card...then, all good except getting into the GUI on VICE.

Okay, I've just tried out VICE on my machine, and it seems that the Start button opens the menu - can't really call it a GUI, but it's where you can change settings, discs, and quit the emulator from.

Back