Heretic2x

sukhi-2006

I've read the read me there is no link for timidity does anyone have it, heretic 2x does it have music on gp2x.

I already have that timidity no music in heretic, have you actually tried it if it plays music.

I don't have heretic, but it works with doom, have you placed the timidity folder in the root of your sd-card?

I've got the timidity root of the sd card the music in doom game works but herectic there is no music,can you help me further.

Unfortunately the Heretic version you can find in the archive has music disabled. I actually managed to get music working a short time later, but I didn't release it, because it would disable sound FX. The Problem is that the sound engine of the hhexen project on which my code is based needs exclusive access to the sound device and I don't have the knowledge to completely reprogram it, so that it can mix both audio sources.

Well the game plays amazingly fast it doesn't matter if you can't reprogram the game, still i congratulate you bringing a great game to the gp2x, do you have any other plans to release any other games.

Ds verion of heretic has the music, but it is in unpacked raw format. With little mixing update the music could become reality in heretic2x

Back