Hexen2x Released

i thought everybody had this already, have mine for months working with addons....full sound speed etc....just checked the hexen folder properties and it was made on monday october 23,2006, 4 .10.01 pm ...cant believe i had this and nobody else...

well I've been playing this game but there is a crash when I want to teleport.
this has been reported on the sourceforge page of the hhexen project. And there is also a patch that should fix this, see the bug for the diff file.
so it would be very nice if the author of the port could patch this bug :) because as far as I can see the hhexen project did not incorporate this because it has been dead for a long time.

error32 said:
this has been reported on the sourceforge page of the hhexen project. And there is also a patch that should fix this, see the bug for the diff file.
so it would be very nice if the author of the port could patch this bug :) because as far as I can see the hhexen project did not incorporate this because it has been dead for a long time.

I will take a look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
HEP said:
error32 said:

I will take a look at it.

it would be awesome if you would fix it B)

HEP said:
Perhaps the current version 0.5 already fixes the bug. If you still have 0.4 you should get it from here: http://www-stud.uni-essen.de/~sephkrae/Hexen2X_v0.5.zip.
If the bug is still in there, I will completely compile out the InitStats() function call which causes the bug. In 0.5 I tried to fix the function itself.

I tried version 0.5 but the problem is still there sadly

I will soon (in a half hour?) upload version 0.6 to http://www-stud.uni-essen.de/~sephkrae/Hexen2X_v0.6.zip.. This version will then have the important part of the patch for hhexen applied. The other parts are only for the OpenGL code and to make the map transparent and have nothing to do with the bug.
However it could be that the wad version you are using is producing the error. Are you using the wad from the shareware version? If yes, then the teleport is probably the end of the shareware content anyway. Furthermore there are two different full version wads (1.0 and 1.1). I don't know to what extent hhexen supports them. For me just some textures in the teleporter level were wrong, when I used the other file, but I didn't proceed very far in the game, so the errors might occur later. I found some conditional code in hhexen which seems to handle the wad versions and therefore I added the "Hexen2X_wad1.0.gpe". So you could try to start the game using this file instead, if you didn't already try that option.

Yes I'm using the shareware wad, and when I start with Hexen2X_wad1.0.gpe I get a cut scene and then the shareware is finished. So I think this means that I will have to look around for a full copy somewhere. Thanks anyway because at v 0.4 the game would not start with the Hexen2X_wad1.0.gpe but now with 0.5 it does. And I now know the problem is in the shareware wad instead of the engine.

you might want to add your new version to the archive because the latest version listed there is 0.4

Thanks for the information! Now I know that one has to use the wad1.0 gpe for the shareware version and will add this information to the readme. The archive file will also be updated.

Back