Hey Im New

Cew27

seing as my last post was moved ill make an intro to inroduce myself properly.
im from the uk, im 16. an avid linux user who runs a forum (small at the moment)
i am really liking the look of this little machine. thanks to the british goverment giving me e.m.a (education maintenance allowance, £30 ($60)) a week for going into higher education i can now get a few thins i have wanted for a while, sutch as a little linux gadget and this seems a perfect little gaming handheld to take with me when i fear a boring teacher or long journey
cheers

lol it'll take you 6 to 7 weeks to save up for a pando, so if you start saving now, you might be able to preorder one.

well i already have £120+ saved from ema so not that long but a little while yet

I have a friend about your age on EMA too, he bought a stereo with his.

What's the money supposed to be for? Y'know, officially? ;)

ashdjones said:
I have a friend about your age on EMA too, he bought a stereo with his.

it's supposed to cover general expenses like bus fare, dinner money, and resources (e.g notebooks, writing equipment, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to get it a few years ago, mine went towards the house bills, I also had a job to pay for food ;) maybe you should get one to if you haven't already. I feel a bit disgusted that the government is using my money (via taxes) to pay for your gadgets, what a joke. Anyway, this thread has what to do with Pandora? Mod please move or delete this thread...I couldn't stop myself these threads are really doing my head in now.

It's nice to know that the money the government is taking from me each month is going to a good cause ;)

Moving (again :))

It is a sad state of a once glorious nation that now spends taxpayers hard earned income on spending money for teens purely so that they don't increase the unemployment statistics. The real shame is that the money was previously spent on things like English teachers, who taught the basics like spelling, punctuation, use of capitals etc.

Welcome to the forums Cew27. :)

I did get EMA (£10/week) and people like you are the sole cause other people who don't qualify to give grief to those of us who did (/do) get it and use it legitimately.

jakshep2 said:

it's supposed to cover general expenses like bus fare, dinner money, and resources (e.g notebooks, writing equipment, etc.)
Well, the Pandora could replace notebooks/writing utensils, and all that gaming will probably cause you to skip meals so it shouldn't be a problem.

So when you deserve (need) help from government, you have to stick with an old gameboy bought 2$ on ebay?

He don't need anyone agreement to buy what he wants... even if he is dying of undernutrition, he is free!

And btw, he said he 's gonna DO interesting things (like coding) with his gadget.

So don't pay for software, test hardware, buy and sell some goodies from Korea, China, Japan dude!

And do some opensource code, it's the most important, take care.

edit:
Plus I read somewhere a dedicated board could tur this device into a dev board, wich is very expensive...
Happy hacking!

geo12 said:
Well, the Pandora could replace notebooks/writing utensils, and all that gaming will probably cause you to skip meals so it shouldn't be a problem.
lol :D :p

sabrod said:
So when you deserve (need) help from government, you have to stick with an old gameboy bought 2$ on ebay?

He don't need anyone agreement to buy what he wants... even if he is dying of undernutrition, he is free!

And btw, he said he 's gonna DO interesting things (like coding) with his gadget.

So don't pay for software, test hardware, buy and sell some goodies from Korea, China, Japan dude!

And do some opensource code, it's the most important, take care.
It is more the fact that he is bragging about it.

Orkie said:
Agree, but he's 16, and wants to introduce himself as a bad-boy to the community...
:lol: :lol:

sabrod said:
Orkie said:
Agree, but he's 16, and wants to introduce himself as a bad-boy to the community...
:lol: :lol:

probably. I can't pretend to be one, because I'm a troll. I like to scare people (rawr!)

waffles said:
Telling us how much he gets doesn't exactly seem like bragging to me.
Cew27 said:
thanks to the british goverment giving me e.m.a (education maintenance allowance, £30 ($60)) a week for going into higher education i can now get a few thins i have wanted for a while
That doesn't exactly portray gratefulness.

Cew27 said:
seing as my last post was moved ill make an intro to inroduce myself properly.
im from the uk, im 16. an avid linux user who runs a forum (small at the moment)
i am really liking the look of this little machine. thanks to the british goverment giving me e.m.a (education maintenance allowance, £30 ($60)) a week for going into higher education i can now get a few thins i have wanted for a while, sutch as a little linux gadget and this seems a perfect little gaming handheld to take with me when i fear a boring teacher or long journey
cheers
Aren't you supposed to use Education Maintenance Allowance for... oh I don't know, Education?

Back