Holy Games Collection Batman

link won't work for me, also, if i had the money and the room, and i'm sure there are a few other people here as well, my collection would be as big if not bigger than that.

I don't have the money to buy everything new in box, but i'm sure if i had all the boxes for every game i had, my collection would be pretty close to that. I have over 300 Atari 2600 games alone, all of those boxed would take up a nice chunk of room at least 2 or 3 bookshelves of that size. But again, its all about the money, if i can find boxed stuff for a deal, i'll get it, but most of my stuff comes as cart only at flea markets and garage sales.

CoinOp posted on Mar 28 2006 at 04:10 PM said:
I found an interview and a few more pictures from this guy's amazing collection. Very cool stuff.

What a scintillating conversationalist he turns out to be......

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, a real gem of an interview, i think i was bored to tears after the 2nd question, also, looks like he has a bunch of VHS tapes taking up alot of space too. Once picture shows a book case that looks to be nothing but movies, i don't think that counts in a game collection.

if you count "i'll have to think about it", "i'm not sure", "give me a week" then yes, he did.

Which makes me wonder if this is even real or not. I know if it were me, and i've been collecting for 16 years and got that kind of collection, i'd be proud of it, he sounds like he could care less, and add in the fact he doesn't know hardly anything about it makes me wonder too.

VC&G: About how many games do you have in your collection? Have you ever counted all of them precisely?
VGC: I’m not sure if I really want to know.

Angel: wtf dude, be proud of your collection, you should at least have a ball park.

VC&G: How many game systems (physical console units) do you have, including duplicates?
VCG: Again, I’m not sure — gotta get rid of those duplicates.

Angel: again, wtf, how do you NOT know what you have?

VC&G: Do you have a database or a list of all your games so you can keep track of them better? Or perhaps a system for storing them so you know where everything is?
VGC: I had a list of everything, and I’m now redoing my lists.

Angel: so you've made a list, which could've been used to count what you have, yet you don't know what you have???...ok

VC&G: Thanks so much for taking the time to talk to me.
VGC: Thanks.

Angel: yes thanks for a completely bogus interview, now can you please interview the real owner of that collection?

I understand he has a shitload of stuff, but i know what i have in my collection, if i didn't, i wouldn't know what to buy next for my classic systems, especially my 2600 collection, you could ask me if i had a game for any system, i could flip through my booking and tell you yes or no. I could use this same pricinciple to hand count to find out how many games i own. I FAIL TO BELIEVE THAT WITH THE QUANTITY OF GAMES THIS GUY HAS THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE AN ACCURATE COUNTING OF GAMES OR SYSTEMS, with something this large, i would rank that up as being a very important thing, if nothing else for tracking reasons.

well maybe he just has some loose screw in his head... He might actually not be interested in video gaming at all! His son however seems to be, but he said himself that he only collects because it gives him some kind of a kick!

There are a lot of people out there who collect stuff for whatever reason and don't actually care about the collectibles at all...

Back