GP32 Homebrew Hardware, Poll

How mutch would you pay for an Homebrew console ?

• <100Euro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100-149 Euro

• 150-199 Euro

• 200-249 Euro

• 250-299 Euro

• Total voters

mr.mirko

Certified Guru
Website
mirkoroller.de
Homebrew console, featuring,

~400Mhz CPU
gp32 BLU LCD, or 16:9 LCD, 4" or 5"
64MB RAM
SD-Card Slot, USB, sound, ...
optional Bluetooth, dont know jet...

To get it as cheap as possible, there are no extra features like, an DSP, or
more Ram, or W-lan.

For me, there really are two questions:

1) How much would I pay for a fully supported/proven homebrew system? Somewhere between the GP32 and the PSP.

2) How much would I be willing to "prepay" in order to help fund a exploratory homebrew effort that may or may not evolve? Not a whole lot, but I would be willing to put somewhere between a $50-100 deposit down on one.

One possible idea to see this project get off the ground would be to perhaps create a donations site for those willing to contribute in a way other than expertise.

Cheers! :p

Married man with young family - sorry broke the bank buying a GP32

if I were a young free and single - about £200 +P&P

shame I'm not single (only for this though... I'd rather have my family) :p

if people really going to buy this, the console should "guarantee" some features.
i don't want to buy a handheld for 200e without ever getting software for it, because nobody is devving for it.

will the processor be an arm cpu? if yes, would it be easy to just recompile existing projects?

from the point of marketing, this project has to have a main advantage to the gp32.
i know, it's a bit erly to talk about specific emulation, but something like "guaranteed snes emulation" would be a reason for many people to pay money for this thing, if you know what i mean.

I'd be willing to pay something like 250 euros, although I'd like some sort of assurances that it would have some software, or be easy to produce software for.

I might even pay for a kit of parts to be mounted on a block of wood, but that's just the geek in me ;)
Not exactly a pocket computer though :unsure:

I'd suggest not bothering with Bluetooth support! (unless it's free)

Don't get too carried away with the extras. Get a core working, then people will be REALLY interested B)

if people really going to buy this, the console should "guarantee" some features.
i don't want to buy a handheld for 200e without ever getting software for it, because nobody is devving for it.

will the processor be an arm cpu? if yes, would it be easy to just recompile existing projects?

from the point of marketing, this project has to have a main advantage to the gp32.
i know, it's a bit erly to talk about specific emulation, but something like "guaranteed snes emulation" would be a reason for many people to pay money for this thing, if you know what i mean.
yes, should only be a matter of putting in the right cpu values and recompiling, even a gp32 "emulator" schould bevery easy as it haves exactly the same fetures, just the cpu speed have to be translated an maybe some stuff rempped, maybe the lcd, but should be very easy to do, maybe when someone gets ahold of the gpa guys, they could porpably hack something together in a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suggest not bothering with Bluetooth support! (unless it's free)
Many (most?) recent mobile CPU´s have an integrated Bluetooth controller, so it won´t be hard or expansive to add Bluetooth.

I would pay >300€ for it... That means for a pre-mounted PCB with all components already installed and a display. I´d take care for the case, controls and power supply myself (mmm, PDA battery...).

250€ if its not pre-mounted...

Last edited by a moderator:
If its as ARM cpu based system, count me in for around £150-200. I much rather have a system designed for homebrew than a system hacked for homebrew.

like i said in the first threat, count me in :)
but i have not that much money atm but i would pay 100-200€ for it :)
going to search a workplace now :lol: need money ;)

I would pay 300 euros, plus I would WANT to buy a few more to give to Reesy, Rylah et all, so that there WOULD be emus for it!!!!

But, yes, I think we should have a think about what will be possible to emulate on this thing....

Just throw Snes at me, go on! And n64 (3d accelerators, anyone?)

i think he wanted to say
"It is Rylah to his friends"

the it refered to the name and not to rlyeh ;)

but this is really off topic :/

lets think about how much money we need for this project and not about the name of "some" coder ;P

Back