Homebrew On 1.5 Psp

Last edited by a moderator:
but when the firmware is updated would that mean that the past homebrew stuff would have to be completely recodeded, or just the part that cracks it...? :unsure:

If it needs a chip, then so be it! Snes and neogeo need my psp!!!

BTW. Why is your PSP arriving next month? A birthday, or a long delivery time?

It`s probably eloped with steve-O`s parcel to new zealand. :p

Trooper

Well, I've just ordered a DVD from an Ozzie Website (Bodyline-the miniseries!), so I'll probably end up recieving steve-o's parcel instead! Anyone know what he/I will be receiving?

but when the firmware is updated would that mean that the past homebrew stuff would have to be completely recodeded, or just the part that cracks it...? :unsure:

Trooper

Well, I've just ordered a DVD from an Ozzie Website (Bodyline-the miniseries!), so I'll probably end up recieving steve-o's parcel instead! Anyone know what he/I will be receiving?

Probably saintdragon`s psp. :lol:

Trooper

Trooper

Probably saintdragon`s psp. :lol:

Trooper

:D :p :) :D

1.5x It's for.

Or so they say.

No.

Update #2: PaWsTick from the PsP-Dev Team has now confirmed that their exploit does NOT run on v1.51 firmware either, so $ony did a nice quick job of fixing their 1.50 holes it appears. On the bright side, many in the USA already have a v1.50 PSP... and those who don't can still run out and grab one without the fear of it being a later firmware version for the time being.
Source: PS2nfo

So better get a PSP now, soon there won´t be any 1.5 ones anymore.

Hmmm... This could be interesting. I'm not really all that interested in PSP emulation/homebrew at the moment, but I'm sure I will be eventually.

The community's going to be SOO huge, so I know some really great stuff will come out of it eventually.

the games i want, (GTA, Virtua Tennis, Black and White) won't be surfacing for a good few months.

as with the gp32 i can see emus being a fad for a while that won't ever really hold my attention, once i give this a try on wednesday i'll have a good few months to mess around with homebrew.

i will then allow my PSP to update itself. i sold my gp32 to partly pay for the PSP, old school gaming doesn't exactly hold my attention.

this could change however if, PSX and N64 and Dreamcast emus start to appear. shout all you want that its unlikely but i'm stipulating that something like this would sway my decision.

i guess what i'm saying is that while homebrew will be great, thats not what i got my PSP for and i will be choosing new games over the ability to launch code.

I barely dare to imagine those games you mentioned on the PSP....

Update #2: PaWsTick from the PsP-Dev Team has now confirmed that their exploit does NOT run on v1.51 firmware either, so $ony did a nice quick job of fixing their 1.50 holes it appears. On the bright side, many in the USA already have a v1.50 PSP... and those who don't can still run out and grab one without the fear of it being a later firmware version for the time being.
Source: PS2nfo

So better get a PSP now, soon there won´t be any 1.5 ones anymore.

No worries, I'm a 1.0 baby, yeah.

Hmmm, as soon as the hack is verified by other people who are not part of that group, me thinks I'll be buying one.

Actually, sod it, I'll buy one now, and if it's got 1.51 or above firmware, I'll flog it on Ebay, otherwise I'll buy a second to play games on and keep the first for homebrew and emu's. They are pretty cheap now at that hong kong place that gbax are using.

this could change however if, PSX and N64 and Dreamcast emus start to appear

Forget N64 and Dreamcast emulation. PSX emulation would be possible if the emu is written from scratch in assembler.

Hmmm, as soon as the hack is verified by other people who are not part of that group, me thinks I'll be buying one.

It isn't a fake. It's 100% real.

Actually, sod it, I'll buy one now, and if it's got 1.51 or above firmware, I'll flog it on Ebay, otherwise I'll buy a second to play games on and keep the first for homebrew and emu's. They are pretty cheap now at that hong kong place that gbax are using.

Lik-sang, or? :unsure:

It's so funny though, as happy as some seem to be getting about this, you guys need to remember, if you plan on playing homebrew and commercial games on your 1.5, you will eventually buy a game that will force you to update. Seems to me Sony will be ahead of the game as far as updating firmwares faster than hackers can crack them.

I still say the only way to go is to own two systems, one for homebrew and one for commercial games. At least now, for those willing to do that, you have a further opportunity to get your hands on one that can even play homebrew at all, w/o having to scrounge for a 1.0.

or if some hardware mod is released that allows you to flash custom hacked bios/firmware(similar to xbox). new firmware release, new hacked firmware to counter *bam*.
highly unlikely, but it would be the only way to play commercial games and run homebrew apps on the same machine.
anyway, there aren't that many psp games in the horizon that interest me and i don't have a gp32(believe that?), so i'm pretty excited about running homebrew on my 1.50.

and dreamcast and n64 emulators for psp? d r e a m O N. it's not just improbable, but impossible.

"We believe, that it is impossible for humans to survive speeds greater than 50mph."

That's from respected scientific source, expressing concerns about the proposed railway system in England, not an exact quote.

Note the word impossible. :)

How do you know this for sure?

Because cybblade (webmaster of the spanish website where the author of the exploit posted the new) says he has tried it and it is real.

It's like if EvilDragon posts here that he has a snes beta running fullspeed from an unknown coder, would you believe him?

Back