Release Hopefully my entry: CPUVextor, a clone of escapeVektor

I'm making myself familiar with milkytracker right now. Hope I can produce some nice backgroundtunes.

Never worked with any trackersoftware before though, just synthesizers and sequencers, but I think I make good progress.

I can upload my first track here for you to pound on ;)

Edit: Song attached.

Edit2: extended song attached (bit faster)

firstsong.zip

firstsong_faster.zip

Attachments

• firstsong.zip
    4 KB · Views: 132
  • firstsong_faster.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and thanks for the further feedback.

foxblock, the crash you got everyone would get when at this point. The game tries to read more level data but there's no more available because I just stopped to make more levels.

Since a few days the update is in the repo! Yes, you're absolutely right - the game has not much to offer at the moment. There are still the electric fences and another type of enemie and 2 other color themes but there's no level that uses it. Nevertheless that's not enough to keep the game interesting over a bunch of levels.

mcobit, thank you for the sample music track. You have never used these trackers before? Then this is a really good beginning! The style fits the game quite good imo.

Regarding the future of this game, I don't know if it's worth to be finished. Have an idea for a new game which I consider to make as an official and complete pandora release. But I cannot tell for sure how to continue now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, give me some days and I could make a soundtrack ;)

I'd say that this concept is very promising and entertaining and can be extended quite a lot with powerups like random teleportation or a limited amount of shots. Also teleportation portals and traps come to mind.

If you like I can help with conceptideas and such. It would be a waste to abandon it, as I really like it and want to see it finshed :)

I think I'm getting quite good with milkytracker :)

My next track is attached, maybe not for this game, but I think this is as good as it gets right now.

Did you decide, if you want to continue it?

track.zip

Attachments

• track.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 131
No decision yet. Will also wait for the competition's result. Please unterstand that I don't want to make a game that only a few people really like.

hey don't let drag you down by the number of votes for your game. it's still a nice game and plays very well! keep working on it :)

i've gone through the same dilemma where you are with the first competition i've was taking part. i've made http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=audiorace.crow_riot.001 this for the wiz and i was so sure to get one of the top places but it just ended somewhere in the middle. that's just how it is with the such competitions. as long as you like your game you should keep working on it. so did i with audiorace, i've even rewritten the whole audio analyzer after the compo, cause i knew it was bad ;)

The problem is I just have realised that the game principle isn't very entertaining. First I was impressed from the original game as it presents nice retro 3d graphics which mine does not provide. Only the combination of these kind of graphics and the game principle might make it interesting. To be honest, from the beginning on I didn't expect to catch one of the first places, rather I wished to be involved this time which I am.

As said, I have a lot of ideas for enhancing gameplay. Even a little storyline could be implemented.

Back