Release Hotfix 4 Beta 3 Released!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, time or a new Beta of Hotfix 4. If this one is working fine, I'll release it as Final.

Here are the changes:

Code:
Hotfix 4 Beta 1:
* Kernel: Added Bluetooth patch by urjaman. PAN (bluetooth internet connections) work fine now.
* Nub Mousebuttons: Moving down is now middle mousebuttons. Recognition of mouseclicks with the nub has been enhanced (patch by urjaman)
* Pandora-Scripts: The internal scripts (CPU-Speed, Startup-Manager, etc.) have icons now.
* Lid: Opening / Closing will not affect the powersave mode anymore.
* Powersave mode: Changed the CPU Speed setting
* pnd_run: Cleaned up, added support for clockspeed setting
* libpnd: Finally support spaces in pathnames and PND-Names.
* Updated to a more recent XFCE4-Version

Hotfix 4 Beta 2:
* Pandora-Scripts: Readded Toggle WiFi to Mini Menu as well
* pnd_run: Enhanced clockspeed setting: User can now decide to set clockspeed without asking
* First-Run-Wizard and Time / Date script: Fixed bug of not-appearing calendar
* New default config for vim (thanks to Nils Kneuper (Ivanovic))
* Python: Added python-misc and python-modules
* New lib: libaudiofile0 now included

Hotfix 4 Beta 3:
* Pandora-Scripts: Added simple TV-Out script.
* pnd_run: Added "and don't ask again" for "no", too  :) 
* Fixed brightness scripts (broken with last Betaversion)
* Powersave mode: Now restores proper speed (was always setting back to 500)
* MiniMenu: New config dialogue included (will be improved in the future)
* xf86-video-omapfb: add pandora specific screen blanking
* udev 151: add rule to reserve fb2
* Leds: Fix TWL4030 PWM LED driver (thanks to Urja Rannikko)
* Pandora misc: HACK to change OPP level according to set mhz (thanks to Urja Rannikko) + OPP limiter added (by notaz)
* OMAP: DSS2: make filter coefficient tables human readable, DSS2: add some hackish FIR filter coefficient access
* WiFi: Fixed the problem where you could not reconnect after you lost a connections

As usual, it should install from any system. Report any problems here.

There will be a logfile in the appdata-directory (opkg.log).

Be sure to remove all previous HF-PNDs from your card before installing.

Download: HotFix4-Zaxxon-B3

[/CODE]

Not if the warranty is less than 5 years ;-)

</unofficial statement>

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of the box, it's limited to OPP3 still, so no difference.

But the max limit can be set in userspace.

I'm planning some tweak tool where you can set the maximum OPP level, maximum allowed CPU speed, etc.

It will display a warning that it will reduce the lifetime of the CPU, etc.

Is the timezone bug also fixed in this HF? (where the timezone files were missing and you had to download those and than symlink them? )

Is the timezone bug also fixed in this HF? (where the timezone files were missing and you had to download those and than symlink them? )

Wasn't that already fixed with HF3? Thought so, but yeah, timezone files are all in there.

Hi ED I installed this last night and it fixes the wifi leds after standby, or reconnect/toggling (largely redundant). However the date time issue. If you change date time,it does now work but blackscreens until a button press, after which the time updates. It sadly still gains 30 mins after being in standby mode though. This is repeatable.

All good otherwise!

It sadly still gains 30 mins after being in standby mode though. This is repeatable.
So, assuming this is not hotfix specific, can you start a thread in the support section with details and we can see if it is repeatable for anyone else, then close in and fix it. I have observed non-repeatable clock jumps, but only rarely.

So, assuming this is not hotfix specific, can you start a thread in the support section with details and we can see if it is repeatable for anyone else, then close in and fix it. I have observed non-repeatable clock jumps, but only rarely.

Sure. I was only raising what I had experienced for such purposes. In addition I can no longer bring up a ´kill app´ dialog box with the Pandora button.

This may have been due to deliberate choices I missed and may also have resulted from HF4b1 but I had not noticed, as hadn´t needed it for awhile.

I've never been able to do anything with the pandora button in the desktop gui mode...

Also the hotfix installed for me... no problems, but I haven't used my pandora heavily today...

For some reason my pandora refuses to keep time... :rolleyes:

The kill dialogue seems broken by /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap which calls the menu script after 1 sec, yet the script uses greater than 2 as a threshold. Changing the 1 for a 3 and restarting the daemon fixes it for me.

Hotfix install went well. i like having the progress bar.

holding the pandora button doesnt start the task killer anymore. setting the time caused a black screen, but moving the mouse brought the desktop back.

wifi remains stable for me, posting from my handy pandy. :)

Back