Release HotFix 6 Alpha 3 out!

Works fine here. Did you choose a username of over 8 characters, as that can stop the button working sometimes?

I'm not getting the expected battery charging behaviour at all here though ED. In either Low or High Power, it just continues charging way after 100% is reached. Light stays on in both but it isn't unresponsive and wakes back up fine.

Works fine here. Did you choose a username of over 8 characters, as that can stop the button working sometimes?

I'm not getting the expected battery charging behaviour at all here though ED. In either Low or High Power, it just continues charging way after 100% is reached. Light stays on in both but it isn't unresponsive and wakes back up fine.

no username is not over 8 characters

edit

seems pandora button does not work if autohide is on and taskbasr is hidden; this does not happen in HF5.

any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
ED: that orange clockthing is chewing ~0.3% CPU. While it's sort of not much it's the main CPU eater in idle system, it also does that while fullscreen app is running. I suggest turning off the second display to fix it.

Did you reboot after the ipk install? Works treat here thanks notaz

Posted from Jumanji on HF6a3 with notaz patch :)

Okay, just browsed the net, it's certainly DHCP failing here.

A lot of people had dhcp issues with NetworkManager 0.8.1, it seems they didn't want to support dhclient 3.x anymore.

Applied a hacky patch to force dhclient3 instead of dhclient4.

Those who don't want to wait for next alpha can install this ipk (sudo opkg install *.ipk):

http://notaz.gp2x.de...r3.5_armv7a.ipk

fix confirmed working.

and for those (like me) who are a little timid (read: noob) about diving into uncharted waters (Linux stuff ;P ) check the spoiler for a walkthrough

1 put the file in your sd root,

2 open the file browser to your sd root

3 "other mouse button click" in the file browser window (without selecting any files) and select "open terminal here"

4 in the terminal window write:
sudo opkg install *.ipk

5 Restart Pandora

6 Wait for it...

7 PROFIT!!!!

hooray, you have wifi working (again)

The changes for HF6a3 are:

* NetworkManager has been upgraded to a slightly newer version. netm-cli (the command line version) is included in the OS. This will be used by MiniMenu to connect to the internet (not included yet).

Please, please, please include all the required bits to use HSPA USB modems out-of-the-box. That'd be awesome.

Also, including nibtools would be of great help.

P.

Confirmed after installing notaz's (hacky) patch..

Then rebooting the DNS issue has been resolved.

So, is this not hotfix worth installing or should I wait? Also, when I install this, do I have to go through and setup the desktop the way I had it with Hotfix 5? Looks like it to me, but not a very big deal at this point.

Seems very stable to me and an improvement over HF5 (In my case I had constant PND run issues and PNDstore wiping my SD installs), I haven't found any issues yet except not getting the expected cessation of battery charging from WizardStans fixes.

The built in PNDstore is working great and I've updated/installed almost everything from it with no issues. Gotta say its a wonderful program, so many thanks Tempel.

As for having to restore your desktop settings etc, yes you will have to if you use the NAND flash version or the alternative SD version (plus notaz' patch) smacked onto a small SD card to see what you think. You'll still have to set that up but can at least fall back to your NAND thats already set up the way you like, when you wish. You'll have to wait for another PND updater version to avoid any re-setting up ....hmmm choices.

Of interest to myself:

Is it possible to add more CPU speed pre-sets to that handy panel menu somehow? As I usually just hotkey a bunch of settings and wifi/BT toggles etc, so for me its really just wasted panel space i'll probably remove, though at one time I did make such icons myself, its faster with hotkeys.

I'd also second either removing the screenblanking feature, or at least making it a configurable screensaver option somehow, so users can control its behaviour and perhaps whats displayed etc. Its an easy removal but a pain if the editing goes wrong and you have to wait 5 minutes to drop into the console login and edit it again with nano.

Sorry to double post but I've found a minor yet repeatable issue.

Its not of great consequence as it simply uses up a little extra panel space but basically its BT related:

If you start in XFCE and switch GUI to Minimenu

then switch GUI back again to XFCE

then 'Toggle BT'

You now get 2 BT icons instead of 1 as the panel is rebuilt. Both are slightly smaller than normal but it eats more panel space overall.

The same occurs if you've toggled BT on or OFF again in XFCE, before you enter minimenu. When you switch GUI back to XFCE, you will have 2 icons either depicting ON or OFF, instead of the 1 you started with.

It still works fine and doesn't affect anything else, so its pretty ignorable really.

However if you 'Run MiniMenu from a desktop icon' as per the tweaks thread guide (which is a far faster way of entering and exiting minimenu (icon+enter, Fn+Q being instant), at the possible loss of freeing up some resources (never noticed any hit personally)) then this behaviour doesn't occur at all, regardless of BT status before or after leaving Minimenu.

So I'll stick to that method I think :)

So, is this not hotfix worth installing or should I wait? Also, when I install this, do I have to go through and setup the desktop the way I had it with Hotfix 5? Looks like it to me, but not a very big deal at this point.

It's worth installing if you remember to install notaz's Wi-fi patch on the previous page. And yes, you will have to set up the desktop again because the upgrade is completely wiping out your NAND.

MarioPandio: Yes, you can add and remove specific values. Right-click in the launcher, go to Properties, and to the left you'll see some arguments. Modify or add to them as you please.

Obviously I'm not behind the making of this but I cant see why the prior beta wifi driver would affect this at all. You are in essence creating a whole new OS install on either the NAND or an SD card, so everything old will be overwritten on the NAND or freshly made to the SD.

Obviously I'm not behind the making of this but I cant see why the prior beta wifi driver would affect this at all. You are in essence creating a whole new OS install on either the NAND or an SD card, so everything old will be overwritten on the NAND or freshly made to the SD.

You are right. Was assuming that the HF6 was available as a pnd.

Back