Hotfix questions

jabz

Received my Pandora couple of days ago. The boot screen doesn't show Hotfix5, so can I check via terminal issuing a uname -r or cat /etc/issue? What does it show for hotfix ver?

I have installed a lot of PND and roms on the SD, but hardly modified any settings. So should I install Hotfix 5 by flashing or PND?

It should show your HF version on boot, as explained in this thread.

The method of updating should not affect the contents of your SD card, but you can always use a seperate one if it worries you. For more info, see the wiki page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope I dont get the "Please Wait" screen on boot. I get the Pandora logo on boot, then the progress bar screen with the Angstrom release 1, then a white screen with a mouse in the middle. Then the GUI.

I'll update via the PND

jabz mate, shut down your Pandora and then boot it up again...you'll now see a splash loading screen with the www.openpandora.com url and Powered by Ångström words on there. Well, the top right you'll see the HotFix number as well. This is all assuming that you're running the latest HotFix, which is HotFix 5.

jabz mate, shut down your Pandora and then boot it up again...you'll now see a splash loading screen with the www.openpandora.com url and Powered by Ångström words on there. Well, the top right you'll see the HotFix number as well. This is all assuming that you're running the latest HotFix, which is HotFix 5.

Does this mean that HF4 and previous didn't show their version on boot? If so, then We can safely assume that jabz is/was running HF4.

I did pull the battery and did a cold boot, the splash screen had no "hotfix x" text.

Well since then I have loaded Hotfix5...

Back