How Big Is It?

MagicPants

Still Fresh
Website
www.scienceoftomorrow.com
Anyone know how big this thing is? exactly?

I was stuck in the eye doctor's waiting room today for about an hour and saw some kids playing with a DS when it struck me that I would be hard pressed to tell the Pandora and DS apart from the case exterior.

So now I'm determined to do some sort of case mod for the thing. The best idea I come up with that doesn't involve ripping the thing apart would be to order some sort of thin metal badge or plate I could stick on the outside.

While it's probably best to wait until I have the thing in hand, it's still something I'd like to look into, and it would be helpful to know the dimensions.

According to the Pandora wiki, it is 140 x 83 x 27 mm, which puts it between the size of the original DS and the DS Lite.

Thanks Chip, that chart is excellent. I didn't realize it's actually smaller than the original DS and the GP2X (ever so slightly).

I didn't make it (though I did add the DS lite dimensions). I remember seeing it posted here several months back and googled until I found it again. That sizeasy site is great for this sort of thing :)

According to the site, it is almost exactly the same size as the GP2X. I've never held either DS, but I own a GP2X (of course!) and having this comparison helps me imagine having a Pandora in my hands. Hopefully I won't have to merely imagine too much longer... :)

Anyone know the separate base and screen unit Height for the Pandora and DS Lite?

I will be able to tell my Pandora apart from a DS when the graphics can actually put a Pentium II Software rendering to shame, oh and my screen will not look like a refugee from a standard cellphone (sorry DS, but you really do have crap graphics.)

Oh, and when my only analog input isn't a miniscule touchscreen, and the games I play don't need to invent silly excuses for why I have a nearly useless second screen.

OH, on topic? Here is your size difference:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1WOMFrOCti4&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v-mOxhQwr6Q&feature=related

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=MWeston2

enjoy, I didn't know about that video next to the ds, I have been away a bit.

Note that the size of the top half isn't exactly fixed yet in the videos, according to them. It will probably be thinner :)

Tinnus said:
Note that the size of the top half isn't exactly fixed yet in the videos, according to them. It will probably be thinner :)
Meaning that it may be less than 27 mm in height? That would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had a brilliantly retarded idea.
the pandora could possibly fit in a original DS case, right?
what about modding the Pandora into a game gear?
their only around 10$, less broken.

waffles said:
I just had a brilliantly retarded idea.
the pandora could possibly fit in a original DS case, right?
what about modding the Pandora into a game gear?
their only around 10$, less broken.
That's what I carry my GP2X in, so I'm hoping it fits nicely. I got it for $5 at a 'surplus' store 2 years ago...doesn't hold any accessories, but other than headphones, what else will I need?! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the game gear or the ds case?
new ds cases in several colors go for about 6.50 (after shipping) so its definetly worth trying.

Back