How Did You Found Out About The Gp32?

Quiest

I like turtles!
Just interested, how you found out about the gp32...

I was surfing around some german gba sites last year and stumbled across an article about handhelds. I really liked that article as I like handhelds.
One of these handhelds described in that article was the gp32, and as I read about, I just thought I want to have one of these lovely things and instantly bought a NLU off of eBay.

What`s your story?

i was going through the complete list of systems on Gamefaqs.com, i saw GP32 and never heard of it, i clicked the link and eventually found my way to this site. It only took me about 2 months of asking questions and trolling until I decided to buy one.

I first found out about it when looking up info for the gba gta. I found a site with info about the game and there was a link on the menu about the gp32. I instantley searched google and found this site. I wasked my mom for one for christmas and never got one from her. I then Forgot about the gp32 (I was 14 at the time and couldn't even afford to buy a gameboy at that time. Later on I found it again while looking into zodiac's. I checked back here and all everyone was talking about was overclocking and how it might be dangerous... so I left again.. afraid that if I happened to get it, I'd risk breaking it running any new prorams. Checked again half a year later, got registered here, got a job (I was sixteen by then), and more than half a year later finaaly got my BLU from gp32z.com

i found out about it when i was with my bothers friend and he was on the internet looking to buy one, he started to tell me what it can do and its specs etc...

i was so jelous of him and i kept on asking him to sell it to me but he said, no i got it for my birthday present so i just stoped asking... then some time later he offered me to buy it off him, im was well happy when i got my gritty mits on the baby....

I found it through the GBAX advert in Retro Gamer magazine. It showed screenshots of wind-ups and Doom and I was intrigued. I then spent several hours on the net wandering through GBAX and bookmarking lots of GP32 sites learning everything I could before laying down the cash for one, well sort of. (Praise be to credit cards :D )

About 3 years ago I was browsing the web, can't remember for what but I found out about the gp32 and lik sang, wanted to order one then but lik sang confused me at the time. 1 year ago I remembered about it found this site and gbax.com...got inheritance and ordered one

I was looking for information on how to use GBA flash carts with a Mac, and people told me that the only way at the time was to use something called a Game Wallet. (some places called it a Smart Wallet) The game wallet is a device that uses smart media cards to store roms to be transfered to the flash cart through the link port on the GBA. So I needed the game wallet, a flash cart, a smart media card and a smart media card reader/writer compatible with the Mac. In my search for such things I found my way to GBAX.com. I somehow found my way to the GP32 review and I was completely amazed! I forgat all about the GBA and a year later I was ordering my gp32_console off of ebay. :D

the main reason for why alot of peeps have gp32's

looking for the flash cart on gbax, saw mad device, was promised it played snes games ok it did but snes9x gp sucked ass......................................................... the rest my friends is history :)

It is kind of weird but the Zodiac led me to the GP32. I bought a Z2 when it was first released and I was on the Z boards all of the time. There were always these flame wars that erupted between the two systems. It got me curious as to what the hell this other thing (GP32) was that everyone was fighting about. Not completely thrilled with the controls and the scaling etc on the Z for emus, I looked into the GP32 more and decided to get one of those too. I figured even if the GP32 wasn't as good it would be a new toy that I could just mess around with it once in a while. It turned out that I always found myself going to the GP32 to play emus because I liked the controls etc. I used my Z less and less and eventually sold it on ebay. Now I have a BLU, BLU+, and NLU.

I found out about it thanks to the guy above, No not god but Axeman. I was reading and posting at the Amiga site called Amiga.org. When all of a sudden (back in april 2003), Some lunatic posted an hysterical thread :p about a new a handheld that could emulate most 8bit systems and early stages of some 16 bit systems and a great community surrounding it, With link to gbax.com`s review and a link to this site. He said he had one on order and would post his findings once he had received it. Having read the review at gbax.com and searching through this site, I couldn`t wait for Axeman`s review, So i ordered one, As i had to have one myself, And have never looked back.

Thanks again Axman.

Trooper

I first heard about the GP32 when I was trolling the Neo-Geo.com forums for NGPC infos. We kept an eye on other (non-Nintendo) handhelds and the GP32 was pretty keenly anticipated before launch, but early reviews weren't exactly glowing so I decided to leave it for a while. A long while after the NGPC had died a cruel and unexpected death, I eventually decided to look up the GP32 and was very pleased to see how far it had progressed. First bought a NLU, then a BLU+. /end of life story

sensible GP32 posted on Jul 18 2005 at 06:45 PM said:
the main reason for why alot of peeps have gp32's

looking for the flash cart on gbax, saw mad device, was promised it played snes games ok it did but snes9x gp sucked ass......................................................... the rest my friends is history :)

Same here. I then found my way to this site just as Rico was promoting his Thaworx compatability list I believe. I then forgot about it for a few months, then, when I had some money just after Christmas (December 26th I believe) I ordered it from Lik-Sang, and signed up here the day after.

Got it exactly two weeks later I believe, or the Friday of that week, whenever it was. I was thrilled.

Started GPM up about 2 months later ;)

That's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got me one of those GBA movie players from Lik-Sang, and my eye happened upon some cheap GBA-copy thingy... So here I am. That was in... November last year. Week later I had placed my order. :p

I read about it in a swedish magazine called Super Play back in 2003. It had a lot of incorrect info in it; like "The GP32 can emulate the GBA", etc. But, I'm glad I bought it, X-mas 2003, anyway... :D

Back