How Do You Get A Proper Full Refund? Must Be Some Way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
Just curious...

The partial refund due to the bank fiasco is fine for people who are determined to reorder. They just resend the amount refunded and their order is reinstated. Nothing lost.

However, for anyone who wants to cancel their order - how do they get a proper full refund?

There must be a some way.

I'll be honest here - my enthusiasm for this project is dwindling, partially due to my own life issues. I'm facing some serious personal challenges, and my heart isn't in this right now. I may just cancel out, but taking a $70 loss (due to no fault of my own) is not something I can afford these days.

I'm not 100% sure either way yet, but just want to know if a real full refund is possible. If not, no matter the reasons, that's very, very wrong.

It's a shame that you feel this way, and I personally understand. Perhaps if there were more videos & pictures released I would feel differently. As it stands now we haven't seen any real progress and I am also becoming disheartened.

As for your comment about finances, well today's papers state that the UK are thinking of printing more money, which will devalue the pound even further!!

Maybe not really helpful, just my standard answer.
Take the long way. Re-order and put it for sale on eBay the day you receive it.

i thought the people that were dropping out were doing chargebacks.
PLEASE dont hold me to it, thats what i thought but i could be wrong, i know that was only an option at one time for people that were no longer interested.

As for my actual feelings, im still in, after all the time spent on pandora related i passed the point of no return long ago, especially since it is nearing the end soon, maybe not as soon as they recently stated, but i have been calm and ok with all the delays- it happens.

bustaballs said:
I never thought I'd see the day.
Well... I'm facing a big life change right now. I prefer not to go into detail, but I have a lot on me. Life just isn't fun right now, and money means more than it did.

I think I know the answer to my question... I'm screwed. That $70 is just gone *IF* I decide to cancel.

The principal of losing money on a refund of something you never received just feels awful to me. And I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.

Maybe I just needed to voice the disappointment I feel on my end of things. I do understand what happened, that it wasn't Craig's fault etc. - but it wasn't the customer's fault either. The whole thing just feels a little rotten to me and doesn't sit right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to attack you but this is simply a result of currency fluctuations and this is already discussed over and over.

I do agree it may not "feel" right, but it's just how it works...
I still have a few 100 usd hanging in my toilet (no offence mean by the location), hoping the usd will get back on it's feet compared to the euro :)

I can assure you it also does not "feel" right if as EU consumer you see the price differences between amazon.com and amazon.de or so :)

May the force be with you.

Prophet said:
bustaballs said:
I never thought I'd see the day.
Well... I'm facing a big life change right now. I prefer not to go into detail, but I have a lot on me. Life just isn't fun right now, and money means more than it did.

I think I know the answer to my question... I'm screwed. That $70 is just gone *IF* I decide to cancel.

The principal of losing money on a refund of something you never received just feels awful to me. And I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.

Maybe I just needed to voice the disappointment I feel on my end of things. I do understand what happened, that it wasn't Craig's fault etc. - but it wasn't the customer's fault either. The whole thing just feels a little rotten to me and doesn't sit right.

i assume the 70$ is gone due to changes in currency? if that's so, i think there's little chance in ever seeing it back... they paid you back whet you paid them, be it in another currency, and that it's not the same in your currency is noone's fault...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know. I know. I'm just kinda depressed right now in general and haven't even slept.

Lock this thread mods.

Prophet don't go :(

The stuf you did on DosBox and your potential skills on other apps is going to be invaluable to the success of the Pandora. With DosBox you have already done some amazing stuff

Stick around and I'm sure if CraigX and ED are reading this then you should be added to the DevFund list which means you will get more than enough back to cover your Pandora costs and More!!

====
gp32_console + :gp2x and Hopefully Soon A :pandora1:

http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/

Raj, you have the wrong fellow. I was just a humble news reporter and gadget reviewer in the past. I'm just a regular guy. No dev.

But a very good guy, at that.

Chin up, buddy, things will improve in your life (whatever the problem may be).

I'm an all or nothing kind of guy too.

Put it this way, when it does come out... Everyone will be buzzing, with progress development being made all the time. I say stick it out, not long now and decide when you've got it.

I reckon you could could break-even no problems. and who knows, you'll probably love it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back