How Is Your Re-order Status?

let's take a look at how reorders are at the moment

• Reordered complete just fine (I'm one of the first 4000)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've succesfully placed an order (even though I was not one of the 4000 first preorderers)

• I'm still in the proccess of reordering

• I'm waiting for my reorder email to arrive

• I haven't been asked to reorder yet (waiting for email)

• I'm not buying the Pandora for now (explain why)

• Total voters

I just received confirmation from Jacquelyn:

I had to wait for the paper confirmation of your transfer as all the details were not included in our online statement.

This explains why confirmation was 2 weeks after payment. I am happy now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my email yesterday that my transfer has been received and matched w/ my order. I'm stoked!!

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
its bin more than a week that i sent my money order , still no news.

MEH

Sent my check in the mail on January 30th (from midwest US), but didn't get word of it arriving until Feb 11. Definitely no need to fret.

Just cancelled my order today. Eventhough I reordered a few weeks ago.
I'm gonna wait and see how it goes, and if it's as good as it's supposed to be, I might buy one from the second batch.
I have to say I've been through different phases since I first placed my order.
- Big excitment during the order
- The wait
- The "no news, no explanations" period
- The doubt
- The reorder and the excitement again
- Then I got really bored of the wait, bored of a few things on the forums.
I think I got really pissed off, not because there are delays, but because the devs haven't been really honnest about it as they knew, when they opened the order in the first place, that the console wouldn't be ready by the end of december.I lost a lot of trust when they stopped giving any kind of relevant and positive news.
I know some of you here might slag me off but, hey, that's just the way I feel. On top of that I think I should probably spend less time in front of a screen and that wouldn't help. I'm still very interested in the whole project but more willing to wait until later and put my money in a saving account for now.
Have fun guys

'ttcircus' said:
I think I got really pissed off, not because there are delays, but because the devs haven't been really honnest about it as they knew, when they opened the order in the first place, that the console wouldn't be ready by the end of december.I lost a lot of trust when they stopped giving any kind of relevant and positive news.
I know some of you here might slag me off but, hey, that's just the way I feel. On top of that I think I should probably spend less time in front of a screen and that wouldn't help. I'm still very interested in the whole project but more willing to wait until later and put my money in a saving account for now.
Have fun guys
Just one point: they didn't know it wouldn't be ready by the end of December. From what I understand, they had full faith that it would be ready. Then when the large amount of money came in, the bank froze their account, which resulted in them losing the funds they had planned to use to pay for the parts needed for construction, which caused them to lose their reserve on those parts resulting in the large delay while they tried to unfreeze the account and seek alternate source of funding.
That's the official response, anyway, which was posted to the blog.

'WizardStan' said:
'ttcircus' said:
Have fun guys
Just one point: they didn't know it wouldn't be ready by the end of December. From what I understand, they had full faith that it would be ready. Then when the large amount of money came in, the bank froze their account, which resulted in them losing the funds they had planned to use to pay for the parts needed for construction, which caused them to lose their reserve on those parts resulting in the large delay while they tried to unfreeze the account and seek alternate source of funding.
That's the official response, anyway, which was posted to the blog.

It may be the official response, but if you look at a number of things, tt definately seems to have a point. Not that I'm cancelling MY order, but the Devs have definately been "conservative with the truth" at times. Just read the differences between what we were told as we went along and Ed's big Blog post a while back...

Or, for another way to look at it, it's now February. Nearly mid way through in fact - and they haven't finalised the keyboard layout yet. the OS isn't "finished" yet, they haven't decided on everything that's going into the package... so much has only happened since December or is yet to happen that they cannot POSSIBLY have met the "before the end of December" ideal even if the financial crisis hadn't hit, AFAICS. Because things like the keyboard layout haven't been held up by a wunch of bankers - work on Pandora just wasn't finished, or as near to finished as we were lead to beleive, IMHO.

TTCircus, personally I see where you're coming from, and agree with too much of it - but Pandora is just to appealing for me to quit at this stage. We're nearly there... (again! LOL)

Ta

'Monk' said:
It may be the official response, but if you look at a number of things, tt definately seems to have a point. Not that I'm cancelling MY order, but the Devs have definately been "conservative with the truth" at times. Just read the differences between what we were told as we went along and Ed's big Blog post a while back...

Oh, I don't disagree. The point was to point out that if you're going to be mad about something, especially about misinformation, be mad about an actually valid piece of misinformation. There's been enough actual crosstalk to get upset over that you don't need to get upset over something that's not actually true.

CODE
If(no possibility of credit card order)
do not reorder;

Perhaps the next batch will have a full function standard USB port

I choose the "I'm not buying the Pandora for now" option because I want to be able to buy it using my debit card.

Yeah, probably doesn't need saying, but Im not ordering one until at least the second batch now either.
I think it was a combination of the wait, the denial of any culpability for delays at all, and all the post's saying 'if you don't like it cancel your order and piss off' :D

I'll be very interested to see how this project pans out, whether Open Pandora can weather the financial crisis, and when the device ends up shipping (And also how it compares to the devices of six months down the road).
And I can't wait to see what kind of homebrew scene evolves around this new device.

In the mean time I've downgraded my expectations, and turned to the bleeding edge tech of past ages to keep me going :D

I'm waiting until the second batch or beyond now, because:

- The delay to April-ish was past what I could tolerate for such a project.

- I want to see how the Pandora will compare with the speculated next-gen ARM netbooks and Android phones being announced this summer. Archos has already hinted at an android phone with 500GB HDD, 5 inch 800x480 screen, OMAP 3440 (sp) CPU, Wifi and bluetooth. The gaming controls are a bonus to me, but it was the UMPC functions that drew me in.

- There cannot feasably be a release in April, considering a final unit has not been created yet. I'd guess that 2 months AFTER the first final unit has been made, will be the true release date. So that's mid-May or so, considering production probably won't start until early March - and that's IF everything goes to plan.

- Can't order by debit/credit card.

- Still not entirely convinced by the software side of things.

'mazza558' said:
- There cannot feasably be a release in April, considering a final unit has not been created yet. I'd guess that 2 months AFTER the first final unit has been made, will be the true release date. So that's mid-May or so
IMHO if April (and that was, remember, the most pessimistic re-estimate) passes without shipments, there will be 'problems'.

'mazza558' said:
- The delay...
-There cannot feasably be a release in April...
-Can't order by debit/credit card...
-Still not entirely convinced by the software side of things.

But other than that, things are fine, right? ;) I'm finding it hard to disagree with you.

'Asmo' said:
IMHO if April (and that was, remember, the most pessimistic re-estimate) passes without shipments, there will be 'problems'.
With how much still seems to be done compared to how much has been done since September, I find an April release a bit optimistic - I hope I'm wrong.

Yes... i guess it will be May...
It's becoming toooooo long. We really need optimistic news, and very soon.

Pocketable linux devices are rare, that's why i'm still waiting for my pandora.

It's been a long time since i've been happy about the pandora news (quite excited with the renderers, not excited anymore).

'Asmo' said:
'mazza558' said:
- There cannot feasably be a release in April, considering a final unit has not been created yet. I'd guess that 2 months AFTER the first final unit has been made, will be the true release date. So that's mid-May or so

Well, hopefully they'll "fix" the "problems."

Personally, I wish all the conspiracy theories would die off. We can't have it both ways, either we get the information absolutely as soon as they do or we can have it verified, we can't necessarily count on getting both.

OTOH, I hear that Craig's a vegetable separatist refusing to allow his peas to coexist peacefully with his cauliflower. While meanwhile maintaining the superiority of brussel sprouts to all other vegetables. :p

Back