How Long Will This Wii Shortage Lastb

JerryG20

It's been nearly 1 1/2 years since the Nintendo Wii came out and it's still really hard to find one. It's sold out at all major retailers online (the ones that have their own physical stores, like Target, Best Buy, etc. and other places like Amazon.com) and also sold out in stores. How freaking long is this going to last? Commercials for Wii games are all over the place, but what good are they going to do me if I don't even have the console! This is just getting ridiculous! It seems like Nintendo is purposely doing this because they make their profit from software sales (of which there's plenty). Them saying that they're pushing out Wii's at maximum capacity this WHOLE time is ridiculous -- that'd be a LOT of people buying EVERY SINGLE Wii THEY'VE MADE AT THE FACTORY RIGHT AWAY FOR THE PAST YEAR OR SO!! When will this madness end?

...at least here in Germany they're quite easy to find. Have you ever tried ordering one from the next batch a retailer will receive?

I don't know. I've worked at a Gamestop since sept. 07, and I was there well through the holidays. It's madness. All I can say is to keep looking. Get on the retailer's asses. Call constantly, let them knwo your name, PISS THEM OFF. When they get a wii in, you'll get it.

I found one in FYE (the music store chain in the US) last month. I bought it and tried to ebay it, but since they forced a bundle on me (a game plus their discount card for an additional 25 dollars), I couldnt get any profit. I ended up returning it.

I would check out FYE as well, maybe you'll get lucky.

Good luck :)

you can get a wii anywhere now in the uk, its a wii zapper and links crossbow training that are like rocking horse s**t, i gave up in the end and got free loader and a us wii zapper from play asia.

I just picked up a zapper this morning! Crossbow training really rocks, i was surprised you could even freely run through some levels, unlike normal lightgun shooters. Originally i wanted to buy a Wii points card, but there seems to be a shortage.

The only flaw is that you have to pull the trigger with your left hand (the hand holding the "barrel" if you´re right handed).

Back