How Many Complete Pandoras Have Shipped?

Jumpman

Advanced Member
How many complete units have actually shipped out as of May 26th, 2010(yesterday). First a few units where being built, which I understand, and then the team was shooting for 100 a day, and Craig was giving nightly qty updates, now I have heard nothing in regards to how many units have been completed daily, and ready to ship the following day. I know this question has been asked by many, and I have yet to see an exact answer.

I know the team is busy, as are Jacquelyn/Debs, but is this an impossible question to answer? It would seem logical to tell the community here, versus tens of hundreds contacting openpandorasales and asking the exact same question, when it can be told to members here. Then customer service can be used for legit problems and concerns.

I'm not looking to hassle anyone, but I would very much like to know if and when my order will be shipped out. I would have thought it would have happened by now, and if assembly is going slower, that is not a problem. Many customers have there place in line, but unless they know how many units are shipping on a regular basis, that information is useless.

If openpandorasales@gmail.com is where I should ask such a question, that is fine, as I have no problem asking a question there versus here, especially if i'll get an answer at some point.

Chris

jumpman said:
if i'll get an answer at some point.

Chris

Probably they'll tell when 4000 were shipped

btw

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53695-current-delivery-progress-in-the-first-1000/
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53702-can-we-get-an-assembled-running-total/

Last edited by a moderator:
As of the 24th there are only about 150 (give or take a dozen) confirmed in existence. They were trying to hit about 100 a day but doing tech support over the last few days probably slowed them down. I figure they probably wouldnt ship if they had less than 50 so they could simply be taking more QC time and maybe we'll hear about some more shipping today, but I imagine they have to be either exhausted or too busy to read every request for a number of devices.

About 100 shipped so far, or at least we havent had news of anything greatly above this number having been shipped yet.

gibberish said:
About 100 shipped so far, or at least we havent had news of anything greatly above this number having been shipped yet.
That estimate puts me a little more at ease... I'm soo paranoid that my order has been skipped over somehow...

I'm curious to know since a lot of focus has been put into the assembly line and production what attention has been given toward aquiring the remaining bits for the rest of the batch. Haven't heard anything regarding, "Hey we gave green light to ship the remaining cases." Since I'm not in this first run of bits I'll smile more when I hear the rest of the cases are coming.

Well we know they've had enough for 1000 Pandoras, Perhaps the order for more will be announce by the time they ship their 500th. Looking at the video of the Hall with just parts and cases for 1000 systems looked like they half filled the place up can you imagine how jam packed the place would be if they had 3000 more cases? They might not even have enough room to work! :p

Good point. Maybe after a week of production they can make a guesstimate projection based on their assembly rate. I'll get it when it comes I am just curious

EDIT: missing a suffix at the end of a word hahahahaaa

Seems strange to me. After producing like 50 last Thursday and mentioning going for 100 the next day and seemingly working through the weekend, now the following Thursday only 60 have been dispatched? Are they completing all of ED's orders before he scoots off back home?

Alpha2 said:
As of the 24th there are only about 150 (give or take a dozen) confirmed in existence. They were trying to hit about 100 a day but doing tech support over the last few days probably slowed them down. I figure they probably wouldnt ship if they had less than 50 so they could simply be taking more QC time and maybe we'll hear about some more shipping today, but I imagine they have to be either exhausted or too busy to read every request for a number of devices.

At this points I'm running under the assumption that they are fixing some of the more prominent issues among the first units out there. I'm crossing my fingers for a decent pair of shoulder buttons and some extra attention paid to the case bend being caused at the hinge.

So I dont know what to think.
Craig tweeted this some days ago:

Some of today's work, going for 100 tomorrow. http://twitpic.com/1q43gg

But I still dont know if this is 100 each day or that there will be 100 pandoras in total produced?
So whats the actual average pandoras build each day?
whats the actual average pandoras shipped each day?
How many pandoras have been produced in total?
How many pandoras have been shipped in total?

It would be really awesome if someone of the team could clear this up for me :D

Sorry for being so pessimistic, but I think they have some sort of production problems that they are silent about. This would explain the number of units shipped and the lack of a green light for the cases. In the past the open Pandora team have been silent when problems have originally arose and only to explain them later.

Alpha2 said:
Well we know they've had enough for 1000 Pandoras, Perhaps the order for more will be announce by the time they ship their 500th. Looking at the video of the Hall with just parts and cases for 1000 systems looked like they half filled the place up can you imagine how jam packed the place would be if they had 3000 more cases? They might not even have enough room to work! :p

There is more than enough space to stock 10,000. It's A big place, it will be more than enough for 4000 ;)

aaronson911 said:
Sorry for being so pessimistic, but I think they have some sort of production problems that they are silent about. This would explain the number of units shipped and the lack of a green light for the cases. In the past the open Pandora team have been silent when problems have originally arose and only to explain them later.

I saw them make a batch of 40 - 50 yesterday if that makes you feel better :)

mvickers03 said:
Alpha2 said:

There is more than enough space to stock 10,000. It's A big place, it will be more than enough for 4000 ;)

aaronson911 said:

How long did it take them to make that batch?

mvickers03 said:
aaronson911 said:

That’s great news. It does make me feel a little better. Any chance any of the team members mention anything about the cases in china while you were there. :p

I can tell you that by the weekend just under 400 should have shipped. At that point the wifi mods are done and things should get faster and easiler - however next week will be a week of assembly review with us seeing how we can do things faster and better.

There are no issues with assembly, it just takes time and there is no decent wifi in the hall to come on here.

On the next 3000 there is a lot we can have done at the case factory to speed things up - such as them putting the bumpers and stickers on the cases before they ship. That has taken us 2 days to do!

craigix said:
I can tell you that by the weekend just under 400 should have shipped. At that point the wifi mods are done and things should get faster and easiler - however next week will be a week of assembly review with us seeing how we can do things faster and better.

There are no issues with assembly, it just takes time and there is no decent wifi in the hall to come on here.

On the next 3000 there is a lot we can have done at the case factory to speed things up - such as them putting the bumpers and stickers on the cases before they ship. That has taken us 2 days to do!
Thanks for the info Craig

PS How are the volunteers from the board getting on?

craigix said:

Does that mean you will ship less units next week compared to this week? Seeing that I'm in the 750-850 range :ph34r:

Back