How Many Complete Pandoras Have Shipped?

craigix said:
On the next 3000 there is a lot we can have done at the case factory to speed things up - such as them putting the bumpers and stickers on the cases before they ship. That has taken us 2 days to do!
You needed 2 Days but maybe they need 2 Months for this? ;) I wouldn't take a risk, nobody knows if this strange Factory can do what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the info wish i could come and help but flight to the UK cost about $2,000 so i cant really afford that and i would not be much help

craigix said:
I can tell you that by the weekend just under 400 should have shipped. At that point the wifi mods are done and things should get faster and easiler - however next week will be a week of assembly review with us seeing how we can do things faster and better.

There are no issues with assembly, it just takes time and there is no decent wifi in the hall to come on here.

On the next 3000 there is a lot we can have done at the case factory to speed things up - such as them putting the bumpers and stickers on the cases before they ship. That has taken us 2 days to do!
Thank You Craig, That's all I needed to hear!

Chris

I know it must be a terrible pain in the ass to put the rubber bumpers and stickers on yourselves, but, to have a Chinese person who probably thinks about suicide a quarter of the day, and doesn't give a damn about the fit and finish as long as they can fill the shipment box up quickly ... Ugghh. I just think everyone is flat out sick of the Chinese in general. If you can get complete ASSURANCE they are not going to screw it up ... Heh.

Zor Prime said:
I know it must be a terrible pain in the ass to put the rubber bumpers and stickers on yourselves, but, to have a Chinese person who probably thinks about suicide a quarter of the day, and doesn't give a damn about the fit and finish as long as they can fill the shipment box up quickly ... Ugghh. I just think everyone is flat out sick of the Chinese in general. If you can get complete ASSURANCE they are not going to screw it up ... Heh.
Bit harsh don't you think?

Hopefully by having review week, the assembly process will be alot quicker.

Then the rest cases will come along so production of rest of first batch should be quicker - yeah - (I'm in at 900 to 1000 - which means I should be getting my pandora in a few weeks)

DrCJBoduma said:
Bit harsh don't you think?
+1

I tend to be more careful when making up my mind about someone/something I only have second hand info about. I haven't seen a post from that factory on these boards for quite a while ;)

azurege said:
Hmmm I am between 150 and 250 in the queue from GBAX, I wounder where mine is.............

You know I'm wondering if the queue is ordered from the time you clicked 'buy', rather than the time the transaction was complete. I started the process pretty much as soon as I saw the announcement here that pre-orders had gone live. The site crashed on me on several occasions and I ended up making lunch and cleaning the kitchen between progressing through pages! The whole ordering process took me just over 30 minutes... so I thought I would be fairly late in this batch of 1000. So I was very surprised when mine turned up yesterday!

Pleng said:
azurege said:
Hmmm I am between 150 and 250 in the queue from GBAX, I wounder where mine is.............

You know I'm wondering if the queue is ordered from the time you clicked 'buy', rather than the time the transaction was complete. I started the process pretty much as soon as I saw the announcement here that pre-orders had gone live. The site crashed on me on several occasions and I ended up making lunch and cleaning the kitchen between progressing through pages! The whole ordering process took me just over 30 minutes... so I thought I would be fairly late in this batch of 1000. So I was very surprised when mine turned up yesterday!

I ordered mine 17:00 GMT and Im 550-650 I think 1000 is like 1:00 GMT the next day

Zor Prime said:

I'd expect they would be put on by machine. The company we use makes such huge batches of parts I would think they will have equipment to do standard plastic things such as attaching bumpers or labels.

I ordered mine 10-20 minutes after pre orders began and when I emailed openpandora they told me I was between 300-400 in the queue. I am assuming that that was wrong since I have received a shipping confirmation yesterday.

craigix said:
I'd expect they would be put on by machine. The company we use makes such huge batches of parts I would think they will have equipment to do standard plastic things such as attaching bumpers or labels.
They might have the ability to use a machine for this, but I guess that your order, which is even devided into sub-batches is too small to warrant setting up such a machine. In the factory where I worked, similar simple jobs were called "Nacharbeit"(rework?) and done by "free" workers who had no machine to work on, because it was currently set up for something else or broken or whatever. To fill the gap, those workers did rework so that they didn't just hang around and let time pass without doing anything productive.
borgqueenx said:
welcome back to you to :)

Back