How Many Complete Pandoras Have Shipped?

To those under 650 in the queue......

I HATE YOU ALL!!

:)

You know I jest, good work OP crew hope it's not too painful, try singing "California Dreaming" while building it's a good work song :D

Thanks for the update Craig, I was only curious to know where the gang stood regarding the other 3K cakes errr.....cases. Good news to hear that you've let it sit a moment to reflect on what can be done to make things smoother for you guys, good thinking. Does that mean you'll have to send the stickers to China? :eek:

mali said:
craigix said:
I'd expect they would be put on by machine. The company we use makes such huge batches of parts I would think they will have equipment to do standard plastic things such as attaching bumpers or labels.
They might have the ability to use a machine for this, but I guess that your order, which is even devided into sub-batches is too small to warrant setting up such a machine. In the factory where I worked, similar simple jobs were called "Nacharbeit"(rework?) and done by "free" workers who had no machine to work on, because it was currently set up for something else or broken or whatever. To fill the gap, those workers did rework so that they didn't just hang around and let time pass without doing anything productive.
borgqueenx said:
welcome back to you to :)

yep, here they do the same, and also called rework, and depending if you are using free workers or the extra batch of people for doing that,
well you up the IPC (or CIP Costo Indirecto de Produccion).

and WELCOME BACK!, did you reorder again?

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
Bosbeetle said:
I hope mine is in this batch :)
No please not. My school is in zwolle and it would be a pain to know that i dont have my pandora yet but someone close has it..

If I have it before you, you can come by once If you like to see it in the flesh :D

DroneB Dev said:
and WELCOME BACK!, did you reorder again?
Thanks, I'm still doing gymnastics to be speedy enough when preorders for the second batch start :)

Cheers for the update Craig, and well done to all for getting nearly 400 out this week.

Part of me wants to scream go faster but it sounds like you're pacing it just right with a good focus on quality and customer support. Keep that focus and this project will grow and grow.

At 350 - 450 in the queue ( got my confirmation email Tue 30/09/2008 15:27 ) it seems unreal that by the end of next week I may well have opened Pandora. :D

I wouldn't think so. Remember that Fatih and ED have to take a share of those Pandoras. If they were all being made solely for the GBAX shop, I might *MIGHT* get mine by next week. Chances are I am going to have to wait on China to build 9,000 more cases. At which time we should be well into Summer. Maybe over it.

Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:
Bosbeetle said:
No please not. My school is in zwolle and it would be a pain to know that i dont have my pandora yet but someone close has it..

If I have it before you, you can come by once If you like to see it in the flesh :D
can i has street name?

borgqueenx said:
Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:
Bosbeetle said:

can i has street name?

i will pm you when I have it

Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:
Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:
Bosbeetle said:

can i has street name?

i will pm you when I have it
alright thanks. im 1700-1800 so you will get it sooner.

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
On the next 3000 there is a lot we can have done at the case factory to speed things up - such as them putting the bumpers and stickers on the cases before they ship. That has taken us 2 days to do!
You needed 2 Days but maybe they need 2 Months for this? ;) I wouldn't take a risk, nobody knows if this strange Factory can do what you want.

+1,000

AGREED.

@ Mr loon, i am another 350-450er i have 15:22. You know when this is all over, all the anticipation of the email then the Pandora, finally getting a good n64 emulator on a handheld, then what? i think a lot of the excitment of the Pandora has been the build up, and it is great, i have to say it is almost like a drug checking every day for new news, checking emails. You know it has almost been two years, but i would do it all over again, just for two reasons, the build up and hopefully the eventual outcome of potentially one of the best and unique handhelds ever, and a support team that listen to the end user, rather then some big company that thinks it knows best....bring on the email :)

400 shipped?
Hmm, I've been told I am 260 on the queue but not had an email yet...

It's missing an important part of Craig's answer:

400 shipped by the end of this week

craigix said:
I can tell you that by the weekend just under 400 should have shipped

Back