How Many Units And Time

ahahah

hello

could you tell us, how many units you have already sent and how many time has been necessary to do so?

it would be a good way to calculate approximatively the time to wait to receive mine (3800-4000 in the queue)

thanks

RajTakhar said:
two months and then some!

At 3800 your more likely looking at the end of summer Honest

I think more like "perhaps in time for Halloween".

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say at the current pace, the end of the summer is a long shot. ;)

I'm really hoping the team can improve quality and assembly speed with time. We are near 1000 shipped in about 1 month. So if they can keep pace, and not have anymore problems, I would say the end of august is very possible. Maybe sooner if things can be sped up.

Chris

Even with a Pandora in my hands (actually my girlfriends hands right now), I still think cases will be the bottleneck. I could guess that after batch one, then boards will be the hot item as cases should be tuned for another 6000.

Are the plans to keep the Chinese company after 10K?

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Mjlink said:
Are the plans to keep the Chinese company after 10K?

I seem to recall ED and/or Craig saying that they would be retrieving the molds from that factory once the 10,000 were done. That way they'd be able to take them to a mold factory closer to home.

Actually I have to wonder just how many actually get mailed out each day.
I mean, sure maybe the build crew can put together 200 in 3 days, but how many of those get into the mail the next day? I think that's the real measure I think for how fast people may get their systems.

its all smoke and daggers

I really have lost confidence in them getting first batch completed any time soon

I am at around 900 on some imaginary list

My cut of point is 11 days and counting

Pity as i did have high hopes for the device, spent ages at the initial pre-order stage sending out messages to god knows how many bulletin boards (1000+), set up a blog, even set press releases around, bestowing how this will be the best thing since sliced bread - even initially had a half complete BBC B emulator ready

But two years plus now, it does feel like wasted effort

Now looking eleswhere as i really cant see a cat in hells chance of getting mine by end of month

^ Cut-off dates slip like release dates, at least in my situation. When I came back end of last year I expected the second batch to ship in summer, now it looks like end of the year. My personal cut-off date was summer back then, but now I'm ok with end of the year. At least I know that QC is constantly being improved and more and more devs have Pandoras in their hands. When looking at the big picture, it's still exciting like nothing else. It's fun to watch this community maturing :)

Same here. It will probably be this year's Christmas present for me.

Any guesses would probably be wrong anyway. Even if one could get an average pandoras/day estimate, this project isn't known for it's consistency.

It's not even entirely in the hands of OPT. The board factory, the chinese one, whatever shipping company they use (for production materials). Any of those can insert an unexpected big fat delay into timeline, messing up any plans/estimates.

We should know better by know.

RajTakhar said:

I really have lost confidence in them getting first batch completed any time soon

Pity as i did have high hopes for the device, spent ages at the initial pre-order stage sending out messages to god knows how many bulletin boards (1000+), set up a blog, even set press releases around, bestowing how this will be the best thing since sliced bread - even initially had a half complete BBC B emulator ready

Now looking eleswhere as i really cant see a cat in hells chance of getting mine by end of month
if youre really on planning on canceling your order, i will gladly take yours or anyone elses spot thats under 1000, just contact OP and change the address to mine and ill gladly refund you your money through paypal or google or whatever

DaMummy said:
RajTakhar said:

if youre really on planning on canceling your order, i will gladly take yours or anyone elses spot thats under 1000, just contact OP and change the address to mine and ill gladly refund you your money through paypal or google or whatever

Sounds like a plan

Like I said though I am waiting till end of the month - okay its 11 days of nothing
But just to confirm I paid by paypal for
Pandora
Case (£10)
Special delivery
I think it was all about 207 (i ordered case later) so in total it would be £217 to my paypal and I will then ask the girls to change address for delivery against my order - if that okay - then we can do the dead around 1st July 2010 - just send me a PM around that date

I'm not after making anything off this - this is genuine

ya id gladly take that deal, of course id contact the ladies first as well so they know the deal and theres less of a chance of either of us getting screwed over

Raj Dont take this the wrong way but I desperately hope you're giving away your Pandora in vain, As I'm in the same group as you and I have a dire need of a pandora before the end of the month. I'm not crazy enough to cancel though after all this time because the important thing, even if it doesnt get here on time, is that it does what I want it to do and that's play a few emulated games and offer desktop or even laptop functionality for the sake of productivity.

Back