How Psp Emus Compare To Gp2x Ones ?

Last edited by a moderator:
gamefan999 said:
So I'm still waiting for someone to link to a thread detailing this mysterious and gradual battery appetite.
WTF ? Aren't you the master of the 'search' function, as you brillantly demonstrate it some posts ago ? tss tss :lol:

Deed said:
gamefan999 said:
So I'm still waiting for someone to link to a thread detailing this mysterious and gradual battery appetite.
WTF ? Aren't you the master of the 'search' function, as you brillantly demonstrate it some posts ago ? tss tss :lol:

I was waiting for you to redeem yourself. Dropped the ball, old chum!

gamefan999 said:
mysterious and gradual battery appetite
inside the gp2x there is a tiny knob that controls how the batteries get eaten. next to it reads "game boy" on one side, "game gear" on the other. unfortunately gph screwed up and used the kind of knob you can only turn one way. or maybe the purposely designed it this way to coincide with the launch of the f200... mystery solved! :D

there is a specific capacitor that many people have lost, and since the day i heard it rattle around, i've gotten no more than 30 minutes on a pair of batteries. caps take time to charge and discharge, so they are often used to smooth out power supplies or signals. in this case losing it was enough to change the power draw of the 2x but not enough to break it entirely. and in general, that's what happens when you lose, or short, a component on any marginally-complex circuit...if you've ever played an old toy keyboard you can hear what this does...or do it yourself to get cool sounds ;)

just to mention: when you remove a component, you don't short-circuit anything, you just leave (part of) the circuit "open", which is the exact inverse of short-circuit
altough the circuit needs the capacitor to store energy anyway

probably the capacitor is in a charge-regulation circuit which controls which time the transistor who charges the capacitor is toggled, everytime there's sufficient power, the transistor is shut, but since there is no capacitor; In a millionth of second the circuit thinks that the capacitor got discharged and start charging it again... not just the circuit stays "on" much more time, but also the power transistor is switched thousands times more

but that's just a guess anyway..

Bramrash said:
Gamefan's wit is as sharp as a rug.
...wasn't being witty.

BTW, thanks to rokd and lint for some substance in this otherwise vapid thread.

Back