How to exit applications...

Coldbird

I finally got my pandora and love it. However Im facing a problem.

Whenever I launch a fullscreen App like pcsx rearmed I cannot return to xfce anymore.

Atleast I dont know how to. Can someone help?

then how do you exit psx4pandora. it has no exit option in the space key menu.

Yeah, I've noticed a sad inconsistency like that as well. My beef is gpfce, where I haven't found out any other way out of a game other than holding down the Pandora button for a few seconds and then releasing to get the "kill task" dialog. But I didn't know about the space bar in PCSX (I haven't even found PCSX yet, for that matter. Gotta look for that). I tried one of my games under PSX4Pandora and PSX-Rearmed and only the audio got past the "Sony Entertainment" screen, but not video.

then how do you exit psx4pandora. it has no exit option in the space key menu.
Hold down A, B, X, Y, L and R (shoulder buttons) together. Yeah really. (Many apps have brought their strange key combos from their previous GP2X iteration). Note, use this key combo during gameplay, not in the menu.

And remember to read your readme.txt files ;) You can find them under the Documentation menu in XCFE, or via the Y button in Minimenu.

I said in another thread that I think some kind of hotkey that will return you to the desktop from anywhere would be a good idea.

Yeah, I've noticed a sad inconsistency like that as well. My beef is gpfce, where I haven't found out any other way out of a game other than holding down the Pandora button for a few seconds and then releasing to get the "kill task" dialog.

For GPFCE, hold down 1 and 2 together. Why those? Well, it is a rather straight recompile from the GP2x, and the GP2x has vol+/vol- buttons. Those are mappable, and has been mapped here so that holding up and down at the same time will give the menu...And, here, the GP2x volume has been remapped to keyboard 1 and 2.

I said in another thread that I think some kind of hotkey that will return you to the desktop from anywhere would be a good idea.
Holding down the Pandora button for 4 seconds already does that, almost. Pops up a kill dialog, anyway.

Holding down the Pandora button for 4 seconds already does that, almost. Pops up a kill dialog, anyway.
I was thinking of something a bit neater that's meant to be used in that way, the same as pushing the "Show Desktop" button on the taskbar. The kill dialog doesn't always appear for me anyway; apparently it sometimes hides behind the open window, although I don't think that's always the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote pickleLauncher as the official frontend for all emulators, also Pandora key should be the button to quit game and return to it!

Why not make the Pandora key easily definable? I'm sure everyone would like it to do slightly different things.

Here's what I would personally like it to do:

Quick press: return to desktop, minimizing all applications. Or maybe L + quick press, so you don't crash out while trying to push Select in a game.

Long press: call a dialog with options to kill applications, shut down or standby.

Power on the Pandora from standby -I've just received my carry case (thanks to Jaquelyn with more top notch customer service :) ) and with its, erm, snug fit, it occurs to me that it would be nice to use the Pandora without removing it from the case occasionally.

Trouble is that the power switch is a little inaccessible, so being able to power on this way would be handy. A way to to quickly disable the L+R buttons would be good too as they are depressed while it's in the case. Maybe a "case mode" in the long press dialog box? Too far? :p

Back