How to install & run DraStic on Chromebook?

LeroyRestrepo

Still Fresh
Hello all I am a total noob to linux, but I wanted to do more on my Chromebook than surf the web, so I installed Ubuntu. I was wondering if someone could give me a detailed step by step process of how to install and run DraStic and games on Ubuntu for Chromebook? Thank you so much in advance!

I don't think exophase (the author) has released for anything other than pandoras yet.

An android port is in the works, but you'll have to get an answer from him as to weather there's a version for linux on chomebooks

I sounds like it ought to be a relatively simple port, (same architecture, same OS), but I doubt Exo has time at the moment, and I don't know much about cross-platform software deving.

Binky: The readme for DraStic clearly states that one should contact Exophase if a chromebook port is of interest :)

It does run on Chromebook, Exophase uses one for primary testing of the ARM-specific code afaik :p

To my knowledge though, a chromebook version has not been released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I should read READMEs before trying to be helpful...

Carry on.

It was my bad.. I thought it should go in offtopic, then I changed my mind..

The redirect fall off after a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a build that runs on it, but it's very lacking in polish, and I think the sync may be poor (no idea how much of that is just down to my particular distro). No real time to do anything with it right now, but I may be able to send you what I have later.

Back