How to submit your entry

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
As the deadline is approaching, it's time to let you know how to submit your entry :)

1. File Format

If your entry is running directly on the Pandora, the best format to use is - of course - the PND-Format.

Be sure to include your contact details and a screenshot (either within the PXML data or as a readme-file within the PND).

If your entry doesn't directly run or the Pandora, you can either create a ZIP / GZip / RAR / 7zip archive.

Include a readme with your contact details as well as a screenshot within the archive.

Please note that the community will download that archive / PND. The easier it is to use, the more votes you might get.

2. Where to submit

I've setup an FTP Server where you can upload your entry.

Please note: You can only UPLOAD your entry there. You CANNOT do a directory listing or download other entries from there!

Your FTP program will probably display an error as it tries to do a directory listing right away - simply ignore that. Also, you won't be able to see your file after uploading - so don't panic about that as well :)

If you lose the connection while uploading the file, simply retry using the same name. The file will be overwritten.

This also is a way to update your entry: You can reupload and overwrite it as often as you want until the deadline is finally there.

If a file or archive is damaged somehow, don't worry: You won't be disqualified. I'll let you know and you can simply repackage or reupload it.

Let me know if you have any problems using the FTP upload so we can find another way for you to submit your entry.

Post any further questions here.

Here are the details for the FTP Server:

Server: rebirth.openpandora.org

Use anonymous login and password.

Good luck to you all!

Please define 'here' in detail. :)

I don't think so. ftp only.

I need space on openpandora.org to host my project (too many data).

So if i have to upload all stuff twice, it's useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a server side copy would be no problem for ED.

I've uploaded my entry. Do notify if there is anything missing or weird.

Do note, we are entering with B-ZaR together, this is only my part of the entry. B-ZaR will upload his part when he is done :)

E: Fixed win32 build which I broke.

< Cloudef> | EvilDragon: hmm, I accidentally uploaded my update with different name to the server, when you have time replace the milkyhelper-rebirth.tar.bz2 with REBIRTH.tar.bz2

Ok, uploaded, too.

As Cloudef said, please inform me, if theres is something wrong :)

Another question:

What if someone guesses the name of a pnd already on the server and overwrites it with some other stuff?

Well, just add some random letters and numbers to the name ?

---EDIT : and PM ED the md5sum ?

I haven't used any FTP software in donkeys years (I don't have a need for it or want to install any just for this). Can I just email my entry (or post a link to ED from my own site)?

I haven't used any FTP software in donkeys years (I don't have a need for it or want to install any just for this). Can I just email my entry (or post a link to ED from my own site)?

Use command line ftp (clients are available by default on all of windows and unix/mac/linux). If you have never used command line ftp here are some basic instructions:

Goto the cli/dos/whatever prompt and do the following (ignore the $ sign, it's just to denote that you're at a cli prompt)

$ ftp rebirth.openpandora.org (you type this)

user/login: anonymous (you will be asked for the login name)

password required: password (you will be asked for the password)

bin (set binary mode: safest)

put your_prog_name.pnd (uploads your program if you started the ftp from the same directory where it resides)

bye (you type this to quit)

If you need to upload several files in one go, use "mput file_pattern_match* " instead of "put your_prog_name.pnd", example, mput mygamefiles* will match mygamefiles1/xxx/bbb/.py etc.

Hope this helps.

relliker

Cheer relliker. I haven't used CL FTP before, so that's a big help. :)

I think I used Terrapin IIRC to help out the chief bod at RetroRemakes to upload and download a load of files for storage. But that was a very long time ago.

I really don't want to clutter up my system with software I'll never use, so downloading a FTP prog is a no-no (no matter how small). Having it already in Windows (via the CLI and with the instructions above is perfect).

One thing I'm not sure about is whether my .PND contains everything it needs. I'm coding with GLBasic and it creates an app directory with the .PND inside, but also a media folder. I presume the media is required and not already in the .PND, but I don't know. I don't even have a Pandora to test my game (although I have received feedback from someone that does, which has (hopefully) helped enormously). Would the above work for .ZIP/.RAR (changing the text obviously) or does it have to be a .PND?

Time will tell :blink:

Cheers chaps :)

I really don't want to clutter up my system with software I'll never use, so downloading a FTP prog is a no-no (no matter how small). Having it already in Windows (via the CLI and with the instructions above is perfect).
Oh no! Your system is cluttered by software you'll never use by default. How could you use such a mess? :D

Oh no! Your system is cluttered by software you'll never use by default. How could you use such a mess? :D
I'm using a laptop with a limited amount of HD space left to play with. I've got lots of stuff on there, but it's all stuff I need or use very regularly.

Besides, it's upto me what I do and don't want on my system - other than the crap that Windows installs, of course ;)

\ said:
One thing I'm not sure about is whether my .PND contains everything it needs. I'm coding with GLBasic and it creates an app directory with the .PND inside' date=' but also a media folder.[/quote']
The pnd's created by GLBasic don't run on the Pandora, I've tested it. GLBasic also outputs the single program file. I use PNDTools to create a working pnd file from that. I could test your game on my Pandora.

the glbasic pnd's are just plain binaries and not ipa-like packages. so packing this will probably be required.

The pnd's created by GLBasic don't run on the Pandora, I've tested it. GLBasic also outputs the single program file. I use PNDTools to create a working pnd file from that. I could test your game on my Pandora.

My tester (Minion from RetroRemakes and GLBasic forums) was able to run the files I sent him, giving good feedback, but he never mentioned having to repackage the files. Thanks for the heads up - I shall investigate :)

Good job I mentioned it now!

Back