How'd I do?

If armagedon comes, and civilization falls and we have no electricity: my pandora will still work!!!
When the machines take over there wont be any sun. :p

On a serious comment how well does the panel need to be lit, for instance on a hazy day does it charge much?
Well, I'm in california, and it's very rainy here. I had my power bank laying on the sofa, and when a little break in the clouds came, some sun light was available, and from the sofa, the power bank began to charge. You can tell it's charging because the four blue lights blinks constantly. I was actually amazed that it can charge itself on a mostly cloudy day. A little desk lamp also is enogh to make it charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious about seeing if putting a solar panel on the top of the Pandora would. Work.. hmmmmmm
You mean like having a solar panel on the cover somewhere? That would be great! The solar panel on this power bank is smaller than the cover of the pandora.
Exactly that. If one could be installed on the system even if it's a trickle charge it will still help. Also with the Pandoras. Battery life.. I've had my 1the last three days on a single charge.. got to 9% charged it over night. Everything was all right. Also I really like the idea of having it sit in sleep mode and charge.
If the theory works in practice - that a solar panel by itself will charge the pandora/pyra battery - then it would be awesome! The solar panel can do on the opposite side of the screen. The cover might have to be clear plastic to protect the solar panel from scratches.
If I had the time and an extra case it would be fun modding one to have it built in and flush with the top.. only issues I'm having is connecting the solar unit so you can still use the ports on the console... Erm maybe we should create a new thread because this is a bit off topic...

I'm curious about seeing if putting a solar panel on the top of the Pandora would. Work.. hmmmmmm
You mean like having a solar panel on the cover somewhere? That would be great! The solar panel on this power bank is smaller than the cover of the pandora.
Exactly that. If one could be installed on the system even if it's a trickle charge it will still help. Also with the Pandoras. Battery life.. I've had my 1the last three days on a single charge.. got to 9% charged it over night. Everything was all right. Also I really like the idea of having it sit in sleep mode and charge.
If the theory works in practice - that a solar panel by itself will charge the pandora/pyra battery - then it would be awesome! The solar panel can do on the opposite side of the screen. The cover might have to be clear plastic to protect the solar panel from scratches.
If I had the time and an extra case it would be fun modding one to have it built in and flush with the top.. only issues I'm having is connecting the solar unit so you can still use the ports on the console... Erm maybe we should create a new thread because this is a bit off topic...
Yes, this might need its own thread :)

This idea might not work if the solar panel is constantly connected to the pandora's power source. Because I read a different thread here where someone put in his battery while his pandora was charging and it fried his pandora. Perhaps a little switch would be needs where if you switch the switch on, the solar panel is connected to the pandora's power source and charges the battery. Then you can switch it off to remove or put in a battery?

Wow, I had no idea battery packs like this had come down so much. I got my wife a 30'000mah (without solar charging) for $40 last year. It really does hold about 30'000mah though, charged a phone about 12 times before it's empty. Even if it doesn't work as well as advertised, from Yellow Kitty's description it still works well enough, well worth the $14. And there are others with different features as well: a smaller battery that's waterproof? Sounds awesome!

I know what some of my friends are getting for Christmas. :D

Yes, this might need its own thread :)

This idea might not work if the solar panel is constantly connected to the pandora's power source. Because I read a different thread here where someone put in his battery while his pandora was charging and it fried his pandora. Perhaps a little switch would be needs where if you switch the switch on, the solar panel is connected to the pandora's power source and charges the battery. Then you can switch it off to remove or put in a battery?
Created the thread:)

Well, I think I can repair it without sending it in. I can resolder the R shoulder button, and the nub seems to work after cleaning it and moving it around a bit. Other than that I just need a new battery and possibly a charging cable. is the 2A one I have alright?

Well, I think I can repair it without sending it in. I can resolder the R shoulder button, and the nub seems to work after cleaning it and moving it around a bit. Other than that I just need a new battery and possibly a charging cable. is the 2A one I have alright?
I think PSP charging cables work too?

I think PSP charging cables work too?
Yep, that's what I use. :)

Back