Humble Bundle with sourcecode again (maybe)

Hmm, not as open source though, as I read it. It only says that if they hit the $150k sales, Puppy games will release the source to all customers, but that doesn't make it redistributable.

I'm in, however, aren't all these x86 and not arm? Will these be able to be ported? Either way,the two titan games are fun.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk

Hmm, not as open source though, as I read it. It only says that if they hit the $150k sales, Puppy games will release the source to all customers, but that doesn't make it redistributable.
that is an interesting point to raise... I'd like them to tell us which licence they would release the source code... with the few things they say id do not look like we'd have the right to release a port...

I think this games are all running with Java and LWJGL library ( i checked only Revenge of the Titans and Titan Attacks! on the web) so it may be doable if someone release a working version of lwjgl lib for Pandora.

Also wasn't the source for Revenge of the Titans already released ? http://www.puppygames.net/blog/?p=914

Perhaps politely inquiring about the license would be in order. I'm not sure that it would be unreasonable for them to keep the assets proprietary and just release the source code for use with source ports. However, it would be awesome if they opened the source code in general.

It might be possible to get them to allow a source port for Pandora, if we have to use the assets from a licensed copy.

I had lwjgl working on the Pandora through glshim at one point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back