Hungover

PeeZapp

Ok so i am extremely hungover today as i went to see the wu tang clan last night. right now I am probably more creature than human. I was thinking of playing a game but dont know of anything to help a hangover of this magnitude and as a general rule can't be bothered with most games was wondering what everyone else played when in this state

Alright mate, in that case...

Hangover Remedies

Most hangover "remedies" simply attend to one or more of the symptoms and don't really provide a cure as such. The hangover won't stop until the alcohol is out of your system, but here's a few things that will ease the suffering a bit:

Berocca- Puts the vitamin B back in, as well as the big glass of water it's mixed with. It's probably best to do this before you go out.

Coke- Fizz for the nausea, liquid for the dehydration, and a caffeine and sugar hit to make you feel a bit more lively.

Coffee - Same as Coke but without the bubbles to help ease the nausea. Try it with honey instead of sugar since the fructose is absorbed quicker than the sucrose in normal sugar, and it's better for you.

Ginseng- It's been noted that since caffeine is a diuretic like alcohol, it can actually make the dehydration worse, so try the herbal equivalent instead.

Vegemite On Toast - Something in your stomach is good, and salty is even better. Plus you get a Vitamin B top up. The same reasons also make peanut butter a good choice, but the oily nature might make some sensitive stomachs feel a bit yucky. If you do try try this one, skip the butter and just have dry toast.

Cold Pizza - Who knows, but it seems to work.

Asprin- Simply attends to the headache and does nothing for the level of alcohol in your system. Don't take them before you go to bed.

Bananas- Sugar in the form of fructose, and potassium, which is one of the things you lose lots of when you drink. Bananas are also a natural antacid to help with the nausea, and are high in magnesium which can help relax those pounding blood vessels causing that hangover headache. For a variety of reasons try a peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich on white bread.

Vitamin C - Another thing the alcohol takes out that you're advised to put back in as soon as possible. Orange juice, tomato, a 600mg Vitamin C tablet - doesn't matter, just do it.

A Hot Bath - The heat will sweat out the toxins that are causing all the problems. You'll feel a bit woozy at first but go with it and you'll feel better afterwards.

Chocolate Milk - This one was sent in by Michael and sounds like it's worth a try - "Regarding your hangover remedies, I would like to suggest chocolate milk. The store bought kind seems to work best, due to ease of attainment (unless you blew all your money at the bar hoping to get lucky), quietness (no loud banging of the teaspoon trying to mix the homemade stuff), and ease of use (the opening is the perfect fit when you have the jitters and no messy clean up). The suggested minimum dosage is the pint ( 1/2 litre) size, though the new quart (litre) can be used for extreme episodes. Other than the rehydration factor, I find that chocolate milk offers the tummy a soothing coating for the nausea. It also repletes some of the vitamins your body is now woefully lacking. The sugars (lactose & sucrose) and salt seem to be the perfect balance of the carb/salt fix. Many women can attest to the beneficial, relatively inexpensive, and legal effects of chocolate against depression, whether physiological or psychological. Last, the flavor seems to do wonders for that ghastly "did I try to mop the floor with my tongue?" taste in your mouth. So, on your way home, stop by your convenient convenience store, head on over to the cooler, grab one more "cold one" (chocolate milk, that is), and bring it home for the morning. Your mother shall compliment you on at least one healthy drinking habit."

Sauerkraut - Casey reckons "I know only a few people who will try this hangover remedy but those who do it swear by it, sauerkraut. It makes some sense - the acid/nadh balance and the nutritional value - but from first hand experience it works rediculously well. I've seen it work in the most extreme cases." If you can't bring yourself to eat the actually chunky bits, try sauerkraut juice (out of the sauerkraut bottle) mixed with tomato juice, or a good helping of Sauerkraut

http://www.rupissed.com/hangovercures.html

My personal fave if Vegemite on toast, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright mate, in that case...

Hangover Remedies

Most hangover "remedies" simply attend to one or more of the symptoms and don't really provide a cure as such. The hangover won't stop until the alcohol is out of your system, but here's a few things that will ease the suffering a bit:

Berocca- Puts the vitamin B back in, as well as the big glass of water it's mixed with. It's probably best to do this before you go out.

Coke- Fizz for the nausea, liquid for the dehydration, and a caffeine and sugar hit to make you feel a bit more lively.

Coffee - Same as Coke but without the bubbles to help ease the nausea. Try it with honey instead of sugar since the fructose is absorbed quicker than the sucrose in normal sugar, and it's better for you.

Ginseng- It's been noted that since caffeine is a diuretic like alcohol, it can actually make the dehydration worse, so try the herbal equivalent instead.

Vegemite On Toast - Something in your stomach is good, and salty is even better. Plus you get a Vitamin B top up. The same reasons also make peanut butter a good choice, but the oily nature might make some sensitive stomachs feel a bit yucky. If you do try try this one, skip the butter and just have dry toast.

Cold Pizza - Who knows, but it seems to work.

Asprin- Simply attends to the headache and does nothing for the level of alcohol in your system. Don't take them before you go to bed.

Bananas- Sugar in the form of fructose, and potassium, which is one of the things you lose lots of when you drink. Bananas are also a natural antacid to help with the nausea, and are high in magnesium which can help relax those pounding blood vessels causing that hangover headache. For a variety of reasons try a peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich on white bread.

Vitamin C - Another thing the alcohol takes out that you're advised to put back in as soon as possible. Orange juice, tomato, a 600mg Vitamin C tablet - doesn't matter, just do it.

A Hot Bath - The heat will sweat out the toxins that are causing all the problems. You'll feel a bit woozy at first but go with it and you'll feel better afterwards.

Chocolate Milk - This one was sent in by Michael and sounds like it's worth a try - "Regarding your hangover remedies, I would like to suggest chocolate milk. The store bought kind seems to work best, due to ease of attainment (unless you blew all your money at the bar hoping to get lucky), quietness (no loud banging of the teaspoon trying to mix the homemade stuff), and ease of use (the opening is the perfect fit when you have the jitters and no messy clean up). The suggested minimum dosage is the pint ( 1/2 litre) size, though the new quart (litre) can be used for extreme episodes. Other than the rehydration factor, I find that chocolate milk offers the tummy a soothing coating for the nausea. It also repletes some of the vitamins your body is now woefully lacking. The sugars (lactose & sucrose) and salt seem to be the perfect balance of the carb/salt fix. Many women can attest to the beneficial, relatively inexpensive, and legal effects of chocolate against depression, whether physiological or psychological. Last, the flavor seems to do wonders for that ghastly "did I try to mop the floor with my tongue?" taste in your mouth. So, on your way home, stop by your convenient convenience store, head on over to the cooler, grab one more "cold one" (chocolate milk, that is), and bring it home for the morning. Your mother shall compliment you on at least one healthy drinking habit."

Sauerkraut - Casey reckons "I know only a few people who will try this hangover remedy but those who do it swear by it, sauerkraut. It makes some sense - the acid/nadh balance and the nutritional value - but from first hand experience it works rediculously well. I've seen it work in the most extreme cases." If you can't bring yourself to eat the actually chunky bits, try sauerkraut juice (out of the sauerkraut bottle) mixed with tomato juice, or a good helping of Sauerkraut

http://www.rupissed.com/hangovercures.html

My personal fave if Vegemite on toast, by the way.

yeah did vegemite on toast and berocca for breakfast but this is a hangover for the ages a tale for generations to come one that will go down in the annals of history as the sole reason why people shouldn't drink forget doing stupid shit and damaging your internal organs this is why drinking is bad 'insert hangover head photo here' (it's really not bad just vodka and redbulls in large quantities is bad)

If you regret drinking, watch The Hangover. It won't make you better, but it'll remind you that things could've been a lot worse. :)

Whats found in booze is ethanol (an alcohol aka poison). Your body sends enzymes to neutralize it but this creates more mess because ethanol is then metabolized into acetaldehyde (this is more poisonous and one factor that causes the hangover).

Eat yogurt- the bacteria will help metabolize any poisons into inactive compounds.

Drink water- the most important thing to do right now is piss out a waterfall for the next 3 hours, youll get out some chemicals.

Take a multivitamin- when you piss out a waterfall youll also be losing nutrients, and your body will constantly need them in order to recover faster. Vitamin b6 and b12 strengthens neurotransmission (the ability to remember and think quickly or process other information)

Eat complex carbs- potatoes, bread, pasta, anything starchy. Alcohol interferes with your adenosine triphosphate cycle. This energy cycle is important because this is how your body gets the quickest supplly of energy to perform tasks such as walking down the stairs or lifting etc. When ATP is depleated youll feel tired and drained like nobodys business.

Eat fruits- Forget about table sugar, or youll have an energy crash. Fruit sugar (fructose) is a friendly natural sugar that can be quickly converted into usable sustained energy. Table sugar (sucrose) is not natural, youll get a crash.

Eat enzyme rich food- enzymes metabolize products into other compounds. itll help your body aswell as help you poop or urinate. These include pears, kiwis, papayas, etc

Sex- The ejaculation will trigger a huge release in endorphans (your own bodys natural pain killer) This is 7 times more potant than morphine. Its also released in exercise-ever heard of joggers high? surprise, its caused by endorphans.

And last but not least, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, DO NOT take any tylenol (acetaminophen) This is another poison which attacks the pain receiving signals in the brain, the body will metabolize this poison into another compound (i forget what its called) and it will start destroying your liver, adding to the fact you consumed alcohol which also destroys the liver, youll get triple damage and end up taking longer to recover.

BUT, if you must take a pain killer, use asparin (ibuprofin) this works differently by blocking the calcium in your nerves from being absorbed, thus no pain signals will be sent to the brain. The metabolized compound is also harmless. Keep in mind, youll also end up using more available enzymes and spend a little longer recovering from your hangover.

I hope this info helps anyone else who plans to obliterate themselves. :p

Back