I Blew Up My Gp2x. Any Use For It?

bustaballs

Aye. I was searching for power cords that would fit in the cradle and the original NES one that happened to fit just happened to be plugged in even though the system was in a bag across the room. I was going to find the right size jack and head to Radioshack. Well, snap, crackle, & pop came to visit my GP2x and now it doesn't work. I'm not sure what to do with the thing now. Any suggestions?

Orkie said:
Pay for it to be repaired? :)
If your not good soldering surface mount components, then thats basically your only option.

Your can get spares from any electronic components store if you want to give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only done a bit of soldering before. I soldered a wire back onto my CPU fan before. I've soldered the battery back onto a Slot-2 M3 Adapter for the Nintendo DS. I've also installed a PS1 & Sega Saturn mod chip before.

I've done various repairs on PS2s, Dreamcasts, etc. I'm not sure about this little system, though.

I think the server is down or having issues. I'll check it when it's working again. Thanks for the tip.

Haha. I've actually used that before to grab info off of my own websites when I was messing around but I never thought about using it for general purposes. I feel like a noob.

Edit: Hmm.. I wonder where one would locate one of those chips besides inside another GP2X. I also need a soldering pin.

Is there anyone here that does GP2X repairs? I'd be willing to pay for parts and repair fees as long as it's a reasonable price.

bustaballs said:
Edit: Hmm.. I wonder where one would locate one of those chips besides inside another GP2X. I also need a soldering pin.
Farnell sell them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where might I find Farnell? He doesn't seem to be listed in the username database.

It's a pity we can't copy posts into another thread without affecting this one, or that would be a classic for the lol files :D

Bah!

Well, I'm glad you guys got a good laugh out of me. I won't be a noob forever so enjoy it while you can.

Back