I dont know what you guys are doing?

Why did you all have to remind me, I finished my last drop of Talisker last week. Now all I've got in is Glenfidditch and Aberlour (or something like that, I've not tried it yet). And Talisker has gone back up to about £30 in Asda :(

Could do with some too, I've just finished installing the Pandora OS to run off the SD card which, after quite a few stumbling blocks, has taken me the best part of a day to get sorted. And I kicked off a sudo opkg upgrade what seems like about an hour ago and it's still going. Could do with a nice single malt, it could take my mind away from the updates on the Terminal screen.

While your at the boards answering stuff....

This is a message I got from you guys on 12/15/10

--------------------------

Just to let you know we have received your returned Pandora console. I'll be in touch as soon as it has been repaired/replaced and is being sent back out to you.

Thanks

Debs

---------------------------

Should I be concerned about the time frame or is my unit a real problem child? I'm just a little worried that my return may get lost in the shuffle of increased production ect...

I still have no word about my unit being repaired or replaced....

Thanks in advance

Twiitcher

While your at the boards answering stuff....

This is a message I got from you guys on 12/15/10

--------------------------

Just to let you know we have received your returned Pandora console. I'll be in touch as soon as it has been repaired/replaced and is being sent back out to you.

Thanks

Debs

---------------------------

Should I be concerned about the time frame or is my unit a real problem child? I'm just a little worried that my return may get lost in the shuffle of increased production ect...

I still have no word about my unit being repaired or replaced....

Thanks in advance

Twiitcher

Send another email. Nothing much else you can do.

Why did you all have to remind me, I finished my last drop of Talisker last week. Now all I've got in is Glenfidditch and Aberlour (or something like that, I've not tried it yet). And Talisker has gone back up to about £30 in Asda :(
You're lucky, then, it's $60 here. :p

I'm a bourbon fan myself. Anything from Maker's Mark upwards. Although Jim Beam will suffice with a mixer.

Maker's Mark has actually made it into Morrisons lately, which is brilliant.

@Timstertoo - ARGH ARGH! Jack Daniels is not a bourbon - it also tastes like shit both on its own, and in coke. But it's good enough if you're just wanting to get pissed.

Just because it's from Tenessee isntead of Kentucky. Nitpicker! :)

I don't like Jim Beam, even as a mixer. Although I worked with (one of) his grand daughter (for real) and she could've easily convinced me to drink loads of it. But that says more about her then that horrid stuff. Also I have a thing for that Southern drawl.

So you and me, our Pandora's when we get them and a bottle of Bourbon. We both get to choose a game in turn and we'll see who ends up with the bragging rights.

Once I get that TV out cable too I'm for sure setting up a gaming nostalgia night in my bar over the beamer! :D

I never liked bourbon much, although I do like bourbon biscuits

I rarely drink, but when I do it's only an ale worth drinking. Bitter and Twisted, Schiehallion, Old Empire or Hobgoblin for me. Unless there is a beer festival they are the only 4 I'll drink.

I'm a bourbon fan myself. Anything from Maker's Mark upwards. Although Jim Beam will suffice with a mixer.

@Timstertoo - ARGH ARGH! Jack Daniels is not a bourbon - it also tastes like shit both on its own, and in coke. But it's good enough if you're just wanting to get pissed.

I don't like Jim Beam, even as a mixer. Although I worked with (one of) his grand daughter (for real) and she could've easily convinced me to drink loads of it. But that says more about her then that horrid stuff. Also I have a thing for that Southern drawl.

So you and me, our Pandora's when we get them and a bottle of Bourbon. We both get to choose a game in turn and we'll see who ends up with the bragging rights.

Once I get that TV out cable too I'm for sure setting up a gaming nostalgia night in my bar over the beamer! :D

I don't know why. But I've utterly gone off Jack Daniels now. Can't stand it. Used to belt the stuff down in coke, though. I blame upmarket bourbon for turning me into a tosser. Or perhaps it's just that every brush I've ever had with Jack has ended up with me getting raging drunk.

I think, on almost any game, any opponent has a reasonably good chance of beating me. I only seem to win at games of chance or blind insanity. Didn't do half bad on Warioware/SMB tonight though!

I don't know why. But I've utterly gone off Jack Daniels now. Can't stand it. Used to belt the stuff down in coke, though. I blame upmarket bourbon for turning me into a tosser. Or perhaps it's just that every brush I've ever had with Jack has ended up with me getting raging drunk.

I think, on almost any game, any opponent has a reasonably good chance of beating me. I only seem to win at games of chance or blind insanity. Didn't do half bad on Warioware/SMB tonight though!

I stear well clear of JD and coke and Gin tonics most of the time for the exact same reason. When I start there are only 2 options, either I run out of liquor or I run out of myself but the drinking never stops before that. All sense leaves the building.

They're the drinks I switch to when I've had enough of beer for the night.

I don't like hang overs, but I have another... I need a double amaretto, half pint of stella and half pint of coke....

I know people who swear by always making sure you wake up still drunk, and then to keep drinking slowly though the day and you get no hang over.

However much I try to do this the very thought of alcohol the next day makes me want to throw up. I just cannot seem to reach this level of lush.

I know people who swear by always making sure you wake up still drunk, and then to keep drinking slowly though the day and you get no hang over.

However much I try to do this the very thought of alcohol the next day makes me want to throw up. I just cannot seem to reach this level of lush.

I think the extra alcohol just kills the pain :p

If I really drink a lot I always force in about a liter of water before I go to sleep. Downside I always wake up pretty soon and have to go to the toilet (when I do I drink even more water afterwards) but then the next morning I never have a headache, just a slight hangovery feeling but nothing bad.

Do you ever drink on an empty stomach? I find that often leads to crazy nights where I have no idea what the hell is going on after about 5 glasses.

Back