I Kinda Want To Keep My Flu

ste_167

Website
Visit site
There's something special about it in that the light unit was an independent modification and that the unit is an original Korean import. The weeks I spent getting it making sure that it was a 166Mhz one (in the days before the GBAx mods)..... I like my FLU!

That's nice. No one's forcing you to buy a BLU, you know ... <_<

I have the original non lit unit, and the FLU, and last week I got my BLU.

My plan was to sell my original unit only on ebay, but the moment I saw the amazing LCD on the BLU I was thinking about selling the FLU too and buying another one.

However... I've now gone back to my original plan of just selling the non-lit one, as although the BLU is amazing with the light on, with it off you can't see your arse from your elbow!

IntenseWage posted on Jul 1 2004 at 11:36 AM said:
I might be the only one around who's completely ok with having a non-FLU/BLU and nothing else. (?)
Nah, I have a buddy who got his plain gp32_console about a month or so before I got my FLU. He constantly rides me for "wasting my money on both a FLU and now a BLU".

I told him "Oh yeah? What if the sun went out, huh, then what would you do, huh, huh??!"

He then correctly informed me that I'm an asshole :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
ste_167 posted on Jul 1 2004 at 11:57 AM said:
as although the BLU is amazing with the light on, with it off you can't see your arse from your elbow!

really?
Really. Also in bright sunlight it appears dim. No problem for me though, being a vampire ;)

Robert_John_Shepherd posted on Jul 1 2004 at 10:25 AM said:
as although the BLU is amazing with the light on, with it off you can't see your arse from your elbow!
i wonder what sam_fisher has to say about that

Sam your the offical BLU person, can you see your arse from your elbow?

I like my FLU too. The fact that you can see it has been hand modified gives it an even more personal touch than it has already from being form such a small company. Long live the FLU! :D

I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of people wanted to keep the FLU, it has the best of both worlds of the other 2. You can see it in the bright light, like the non lit (although not as well) and you can see it in the dark like the BLU, although again not as clearly.

I use my BLU indoors or in bed most of the time though so it's just what I need.

Same here actually. A tiny tiny amount. I think you can just notice it because the edges of the screen look so solid with the backlight on. It's only maybe a degree or 2 out though and I only noticed it when I first got the thing. Can't notice it at all now.

IntenseWage posted on Jul 1 2004 at 10:36 AM said:
I might be the only one around who's completely ok with having a non-FLU/BLU and nothing else. (?)
No Im quite happy with my standard non lit GP32 too - Dont need Flu or a Blu as I have no intention of using it in the dark.

And I certainly dont need a FLU and a BLU - I cant see the point, isnt that like having 2 PS2's ???

yeah. its only like a millemetre of something. But its noticible with the light on like you said. Maybe everyones is like it. Anyway I am just a hypo condriact about these things. Its just a bit annoying as It is almost under the gray bit on the top right. How ever it just about fits. I a mgoing to start a poll to see if any more blus have this or whether its just a minute few. I may get another one at christmas then I'll have 3 gp32's :D Then I will give my flu to a developer if they need it. Or someone else.

Yep - My New GP32 is a BLU

I've had 2 FLU's as my first one of them got nicked on a train somewhere around Newport a few months ago :(. Neither of the FLU's had crooked screens.

As the backlight screen is so good I spotted the fact it was slightly crooked straight away - Then I got on with some gaming and and hadn't really thought about it until you and dozer just mentioned it!

I own an original non lit one which I got early 2003 and I have owned a BLU for two days now and let me tell you: I am keeping both since I have quite a bit original software for the non-lit one which I want to keep.

Neither one has croocked screens.

With two rf units I can have multi player battles with friends when they come over! Maybe I´ll get two....

Sam Fisher, are you sure you´re not a zodiac user in disguise? ;)

I've had 2 FLU's as my first one of them got knicked on a train somewhere around Newport a few months ago . Neither of the FLU's had crooked screens.

man i swear it wasnt me :rolleyes:

Back