I Kinda Want To Keep My Flu

Robert_John_Shepherd posted on Jul 1 2004 at 10:25 AM said:
I have the original non lit unit, and the FLU, and last week I got my BLU.

My plan was to sell my original unit only on ebay, but the moment I saw the amazing LCD on the BLU I was thinking about selling the FLU too and buying another one.

However... I've now gone back to my original plan of just selling the non-lit one, as although the BLU is amazing with the light on, with it off you can't see your arse from your elbow!
You would probably be better off selling the FLU instead. The non-lit one has a brighter screen due to that ribbed light guide not being in there blocking some light and collecting dust.

The non-lit is the best for lit conditions, and the BLU is the best for dark conditions. Think about it, if you are going to use one in dark locations you wouldn't use the washed out FLU you would use the BLU.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had 2 FLU's as my first one of them got knicked on a train somewhere around Newport a few months ago . Neither of the FLU's had crooked screens.

man i swear it wasnt me 

LOL

I did kind of wonder what the thief must have made of it as it had aquafirmware that booted to speccyal'K and a massive library of spectrum games.

Can you imagine stealing what you think looks like a really impressive ultra modern GBA-console you've never heard of before from korea.

Then you switch it on to be greeted with:

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

I misplaced it - my own stupid fault. <_<

I was daft enough to put my bag in the luggage rack - I thought I had my GP32 with me in a carrier bag. When I found out that it wasn't there I went to get my ruck sack and guess what - My bag was now wide open with stuff falling out of it....

I was all up for selling my FLU to get a BLU but I think I'll hold back now unless it's shown that this new GP32s are overclocking to around the 180Mhz mark. It's the time of year for one that works well in the sun.. maybe I'll rethink when the nights get longer again...

Well my GP32 BLU & Zodiac both live with me.
In the same bag along with my mobile and Digital Camera,s.
I worked out last week that if i lost the Bag or it got stolen then the thief would actually get £1500 worth of gear.
Anyway , as i said , that bag lives with me.
I use the motorcycle for most things so i would never like leave it on the car seat etc.
If i lost my GP32 and gear etc i would go CRAZY...
I can sympathise with those who may have had theirs stolen after some swine nicked my Yupiteru MVT 7100 Frequency Scanner 10 years ago.
i never did get another one either.
Time to check Ebay and make space in my bag methinks.
And stop slagging of the Zodiac...both are great devices in their own right and you don,t have to pay for zodiac stuff unless you want to.
Saying that , if i,m honest i spend more time on the BLU...
Playing LOST VIKINGS...
What a brilliant game..
Catch you later Guys...
Davey Fontan.
Original Mystical Ninja... :ph34r:

Back