I vote we call the P2 'The Dragon' - The OpenPandora: Dragon!

If you could get it into a pandora1-sized case (magic or something) then it would probably overheat so much as to be a 10-seconds total ever runtime pandora.

Maybe stick with ARM v7...

Kronos is already the name of our server here, so we couldn't use that ;)
Dohhhh.  You're toying with my emotions...   :p  

Okay then, how about the OpenCronus?  It's slightly derivative...

Or the OpenPoseidon?  We could make the next device waterproof!...(Binky slaps me and shakes my shoulders yelling "get a hold of yourself!")...Aaaiiieee....I'm losing it....

Waterproof? As a first it should be name proof.
http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2009/11/20/5-copyright-verification-services-compared/

EDIT: I am note sure are "names of the product" covered with those licencees.

I pasted "comparison of services" pic here because I find it useful anyway.
table-full3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How about Openupitsthepolice?

Edit: Actually on second thoughts it is a bit long, so how about Openllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch instead? not only is it short and snappy but it's Welsh as well which as we all know just screams dragons.

</ ;) >

Ah yes, the only railway station sign in the country to require 5 suporting posts :)

Not sure what the people living near St Mary's Church in the Hollow of the White Hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the red cave would think of it though :unsure:

Not sure what the people living near St Mary's Church in the Hollow of the White Hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the red cave would think of it though :unsure:
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch resident said:
Finally, something to replace my Dragon 32 with.

...(looks up at the screen)...Uhhhhh people, can we please keep this very important and serious thread ON TOPIC, please?  Thank you.

How about the OpenCampe?

In Greek mythologyCampe or Kampê (GreekΚάμπη "crooked"; confer καμπή "a twist, a bend") is the name of a chthonic femalemonster (drakaina).

We could use the first version of the chinese cases - so, it'd be in keeping with the Greek meaning of the word!

Kronos is already the name of our server here, so we couldn't use that ;)
Dohhhh.  You're toying with my emotions...   :p  

Okay then, how about the OpenCronus?  It's slightly derivative...

Or the OpenPoseidon?  We could make the next device waterproof!...(Binky slaps me and shakes my shoulders yelling "get a hold of yourself!")...Aaaiiieee....I'm losing it....
OpenPoseidon sounds cool. :D

Or how about OpenMedusa

Dear Binky,

What's with deleting like a dozen posts?  I'm subscribed to this thread, so I got to see them before they vanished.

Seriously, saying "pants down" is offensive?  You have got to be kidding me!  This is the first case of fully bizarro moderation I've seen on these forums.  Let's just say you were drunk (or too sober), put Franko's post back and leave it at that.

It's not like this is a serious official thread or anything.  This is a "joke" or "vaporware" thread, in a backwater of the forum.  And it hurts our ability to have fun if people are editing and deleting harmless posts all over the place.

I enjoy Franko's sense of humour, and there is no call for deleting something that couldn't offend anyone who was born in the last century or so.  Your mother told me over breakfast that we should restore the deleted posts!

And clearly we should call P2 the "Open Cthulhu".  As that is the only name likely to bring even more trouble than Pandora.

edit:  Just got my Pandora 1GHz today, hoory!

I'm calling it tichy after Stanislaw Lem's hero in "The Star Diaries" - the best sci-fi I've read.

WOW!  Nice post......I can't even follow that one...although I just did with my own drivel.  Thank You, DREDD.

Edit1:  Changed a letter for clarity purposes.

It was a mess.

Franko posted a very slightly offensive comment, which then got unnecessarily modded.

I explained what happened, and then continued with that discusion in a PM thread.

This left a huge trail of confusion and accusation in an already off-topic thread.

That's why I hid those posts. I'm not trying to impose the world's strictest political correctness policy or anyone, nor especially hide my misdoings.

At the moment and because of the Pandora 1 history, I only can imagine one name for a future handheld project: "THE DELAYER"   :rolleyes:

Back