I vote we call the P2 'The Dragon' - The OpenPandora: Dragon!

All the name ideas so far here including mine are totally stupid, we should burn down this thread.

Pandora 2 will be and already is called "Pandora 2", and that's it.

I think each of the drunken moderators involved in abusing this thread should pull their "pants down" and give themselves a good spanking.

Ah well, I guess we can be thankful that you guys normally do a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets call it " The Remove Pandora2 spam threads from new content so we dont have to look at this garbage"
You can elect to filter out this yourself via:

View New Content > Filter by Forum

How about the Pandora 2 "Shagadelic Vapourtron" ?

This nickname captures the unlimited awesomeness of our imaginary product.

I get the feeling Prometheus wouldn't be very comfortable with people thinking the console is named in tribute of her..
I get the feeling that NOT calling it OpenPrometheus simply because a random user on the forum used the same name doesn't make me very comfortable.

If the name fits, I don't really care if we call it the OpenWally.

With all that instances of box box box, this comes to my mind:

Luckily our OpenPandora is not a blackbox but an open box, technically seen.  :D

P.S. To complete the perception of the Pandora, a rant must be:

Everything in it besides that fucking blackbox of WiFi chip. (community still not figured out why it fails  :angry: ) 

I get the feeling that NOT calling it OpenPrometheus simply because a random user on the forum used the same name doesn't make me very comfortable.

If the name fits, I don't really care if we call it the OpenWally.
Yeah well I didn't say anything about not naming it for that reason. I said she wouldn't be comfortable if the naming was a tribute.

I'd go for either Pyrrha or Pandora II. Since Pyrrha was a daughter of Pandora, and Pandora II was a daughter of Pyrrha, one could argue that we should call the Pandora 2 "Pyrrha" and the Pandora 3 "Pandora II". But that might be a little confusing :)

When I read Pyrrha, my mind says 'Pariah'... Just sayin...

And I know we're past this, but

DragonIX

or

EvilCraig

not doing it for anyone? :3

Edit: Nobody touches my EvilCraig! I waited a long time and paid a lot of money for an EvilCraig of my very own... :3

more unique names for google hits

"flarfli"

"porlmit"

There are basically no websites using those words.

I just spotted a reason for not calling it 'Dragonfly' (has anyone mentioned this already?):

The P2 is likely to (and should, imo) have excellent sound quality.

If so, It should be marketed at audiophiles.

http://www.audioquest.com/usb_digital_analog_converter/dragonfly-dac
Oh.  Yep, that'd be confusing.  Also the word 'Dragonfly' has nothing to do with the Pandora, its usage, or its creators.  It sounds more fitted to a tiny single purpose USB stick like that one.

Back