I Wonder If This Is The Problem With The Pandora

Fishtank

Still Fresh
When I was working for a big company I asked the big boss why did the sales department determine when a product being designed by there engineers was finished and not the engineers, he replied if we left it to the engineers they would never finish, they would always find improvements so sales determines if the product is ready to sell
I wonder if this is the problem with the Pandora it is being left to the engineers to say when it’s finished and not sales?

Sales never determine if the product is ready to sell, they just give the "two months away" response.
Engineers will take 3x-5x time longer they say they will, for the feature specified.
Management is who will push the product out the door before it ready to ship.

I see who's in Sales and Engineer, but Management seems to be missing.

There are indeed a fair amount of "It would be nice to...", but it seems most people are also saying "But those kind of things can wait until after the product launch".

It's really being held back by more major things, like the Wifi and the fact that there isn't really a full production quality unit yet (as far as I'm aware).

fishtank said:
When I was working for a big company I asked the big boss why did the sales department determine when a product being designed by there engineers was finished and not the engineers, he replied if we left it to the engineers they would never finish, they would always find improvements so sales determines if the product is ready to sell
I wonder if this is the problem with the Pandora it is being left to the engineers to say when it's finished and not sales?
Not really. The engineering (hardware anyway) finished the day they gave the case factory the green light, critical fixes aside. Now they're pushing to ship, which would be the sales phase in your example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
It's really being held back by more major things, like the Wifi and the fact that there isn't really a full production quality unit yet (as far as I'm aware).
Wifi will not hold it up, it will ship even if it's not working and will get fixed afterwards.

The reason their trying so hard to fix it before it ships, is because it's a pretty major feature that would be nice to have on day one.
In this regards all they can do is try their best and by the sounds of it their driving themselves into an early grave trying to get it there in time.

I asked Red Baron to stop making up new usernames and banned FIVE of his old accounts at his request (except the Red Baron one). He promised to change his ways and now he's at it again :blink:

PLEASE STICK TO THE ONE USERNAME! Why is that so difficult for you???

The baroness starts to like being a drama queen/ wannabe troll :rolleyes:
Not cool.

How many more email variations can he use to re-register? <_<

NEW FORUM RULE:

All new members will be treated as the Red Baron until proven otherwise

x68000 said:
I asked Red Baron to stop making up new usernames and banned FIVE of his old accounts at his request (except the Red Baron one). He promised to change his ways and now he's at it again :blink:

I would if I could but I can’t log on with Red Baron, I tried for days with out success so I had no choice, all I want is only one login name
Could you check the email address it should be v.novotny@bigpond.com and please change it if it is not
Thank you

fishtank said:
x68000 said:

I would if I could but I can’t log on with Red Baron, I tried for days with out success so I had no choice, all I want is only one login name
Could you check the email address it should be v.novotny@bigpond.com and please change it if it is not
Thank you

Why would mods give a troll an account?

x68000 said:

NEW FORUM RULE:

Thanks for fixing it I am now only Red Baron
Thanks again

Red Baron said:
x68000 said:

NEW FORUM RULE:

Thanks for fixing it I am now only Red Baron
Thanks again
If you have any problems, PM myself or another mod before opening anymore accounts - Have fun :rolleyes:

Back