I Wonder If This Is The Problem With The Pandora

lulzfish said:
I think he meant "Business Associate" or something, not "Bachelor of Arts".

LOL, BA in EE. EE is BS, duh.
Ah. Business Associate doesn't make much sense though.
And some schools do give BAs in EE and others. One of the schools I was investigating would have given me a BA in Computer Science. The one I ended up going to, engineers got a BE not a BS, and comp sci landed in BM where most have it as a BS. A couple years after I left, they made comp sci it's own degree, and became the second school in the world to offer a BCS. Different schools are have different degrees.
So no, I would not find it at all surprising or funny if there was a school whose engineers graduated with a BA.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
lulzfish said:

In our office, BA stands for Business Analyst. They gather & write up requirements, then test the programmers output to ensure it meets the requirements. Then they have another round of testing with the customer so they can sign off on the work being ready for production.

WizardStan said:
lulzfish said:

And some schools do give BAs in EE and others. One of the schools I was investigating would have given me a BA in Computer Science. The one I ended up going to, engineers got a BE not a BS, and comp sci landed in BM where most have it as a BS. A couple years after I left, they made comp sci it's own degree, and became the second school in the world to offer a BCS. Different schools are have different degrees.
So no, I would not find it at all surprising or funny if there was a school whose engineers graduated with a BA.
Yup, I'm hoping to do Computer Science at Cambridge, and I'll end up with a BA if I do. (Assuming I don't do a longer course)

They don't award anything but BAs even for straight sciences.

hch said:
Gruso said:
fishtank said:
When I was working for a big company I asked the big boss why did the sales department determine when a product being designed by there engineers was finished and not the engineers, he replied if we left it to the engineers they would never finish, they would always find improvements so sales determines if the product is ready to sell
I wonder if this is the problem with the Pandora it is being left to the engineers to say when it's finished and not sales?
Not really. The engineering (hardware anyway) finished the day they gave the case factory the green light, critical fixes aside. Now they're pushing to ship, which would be the sales phase in your example.

sorry gruso, but you seem to forget that regarding the case we are still in the (admittedly late) prototyping phase. the green light was until now never really green and at the moment we just hope it will now be.

latest news from the case was - a reply by ED - that a 'minor glitch' had been ironed out which caused the latest delays.

so i guess the original poster is not that far off the mark.
My reason for saying that the hardware engineering is finished is that Mweston and DaveC have finished their respective areas of the design (PCB, and case). If China's ongoing tweaks mean that the hardware engineering is not finished then yeah, I'll have to concede that point.

As for the original poster though, his little industry saying implies that the product is being over-engineered instead of being pushed to market. My take on that is no, they're doing everything they can to push it to market but there are unwanted hurdles in the way. So he's not right IMO, and neither are his 14 aliases. :p

Gruso said:
Not really. The engineering (hardware anyway) finished the day they gave the case factory the green light...
Ok .... but that happened about a zillion (Or one and half) years later than expected. Perhaps that's what the question is about?

Back