Ignore The Hysteria

I'm just patiently waiting for the dust to settle, and for OP to make a few phone calls/e-mails/Fatih exchanges on Monday. I'm sure everything will clear up. You gotta love a bomb dropped on a Friday, and the ensuing bickering that feeds more bickering because we can't get answers from China this time of the week.

I thought this thread was to ignore the hysteria, much like stepping out of a loud smoky bar for a few minutes to get some fresh air and quiet.

trix said:
The nice thing about this thread, is the OP author is obviously fully aware multiple topics on this subject exist already, obviously aware posting another one is unproductive, annoying, and useless. The very first sentence, not only makes it all obvious, but also emphasises just how much of a self-important jackass the OP must be, to go ahead and post this anyway.

I tend to avoid direct insults in my posts, but as I was told to "shut up" by the OP because he's already aware he's being a douche, I consider it fair game.

- trix

WTF?

It just takes common sense to make a good product = Hard Work and Time!
The degree of "Hard Work" OP put on this is very debatable. I mean extremists on either side.
The amount of "Time" used is however now becoming ridiculous. I can sympathise with those waiting for nearly 2 years.

I think its great the OP is so open with the progression of the project, otherwise people would've bailed 6months ago.
I still think OP should have tried harder. How? By cutting corners.

I think they should've been honest and said
"Look, the perfect cases are gonna take a long while expect mid-2010"
"But we're ready to dispatch Pandora's with 2nd-rev cases. That way you can have yours October 2009"
"Those who want their Pandoras to be perfect must wait until all components are approved by Michael"
"Other's can play and develop in the mean time"
"After the first-order perfect Pandoras are shipped we will offer those early shippers to upgrade to the perfect cases"
"All you have to do is pay our small U$60 fee + P&H , once we confirm, we will give you a date"
"You need to send in your device a week before that date and without the batteries so they don't lose charge"
"We'll assemble them in its order and post it back to you within 2 weeks of that date"
"That means we can only accept 700 pandora's to be upgraded every fortnight"
"So if 2,000 of 4,000 wanted the Early Bird Special, it can take 6 weeks until you can get your chance to send in your Pandora"
"Remember if you attempt to open up the Pandora the warranty is void, if we do it the warranty remains valid"
"If that sounds like a good proposition to you Pandorians, please let me know via ... for your pre-release Pandora"

I thinks that sounds reasonable. And would make the impatient ones happy. Also makes the perfection'ists happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
gibberish said:
after all this, you're willing to settle... cant believe it.
What do you mean settle? They seem confident that if they make the cases right now they will be functional. That's what I want.

Pandora is, as of right now, exactly what I want to own. Taking it now would not be settling.

I'll tell you what I would consider "settling". To me, that would be settling for a handheld that is another two to six months closer to its inevitable Moore's Law obsolescence.

VRAndy said:
gibberish said:
after all this, you're willing to settle... cant believe it.
What do you mean settle? They seem confident that if they make the cases right now they will be functional. That's what I want.

Pandora is, as of right now, exactly what I want to own. Taking it now would not be settling.
A year ago we were promised a case that felt good, worked good, was highly durable, and looked good. We've got the first three, MWeston has already attested to that. In my opinion, these cases could be the fourth one too. Heck, the last revision looked good to me. I agree: taking these would not be settling. NOT taking these could be expecting more than what was originally promised, though.
Still waiting for news on that hinge crack and lower dent specifically.

Back