Ill see you guys later(Im leaving)

obiwan22

well, the truth is Im been sort of following the pandora status for over a year now.

I always thought of the pandora as cool looking device that can do everything I Wanted it to do.

But I didnt buy it yet.......

So back in june I've been eyeing it in a last time to see what was up. I joined the forums and I had a lots of fun talking to you guys and getting ready to purchase my pandora.

I saw a few on ebay that I wanted to take advantage of but I had some trouble with paying for it and it made it think I little more

but the truth is

this project is long outdated

the community is still strong but I thought long and hard if I should buy the pandora and the answer sadely is no.

the pandora is great but now there are so much better things out there to buy and more are coming

so what I want to tell everyone is this, keep strong and keep the project going on

there are alot of great people here and just keep going at it.

well it was fun while it lasted

keep strong guys

and this is my last post in these forums(maybe) for awhile

I sort of follow by this quote

"the pandora isnt for everyone"

peace

Last edited by a moderator:
goodbye, pal

i was just about to call you a troll, but i,m just too tired to flamewars all over again, hope you get those much better things you mention, and have fun

see ya later, alligator
why troll?

Ill stick around the forums sometimes but not related to pandora stuff

i too had a weird vibe about you kenobi, a certain mod-quality vibe i would say. anyways...have fun!

Aww, we'll miss you!

Come back for Pandora2, you hear?

Only take 28 daystm to ship!

Well as I hold my Pandora in my hands and play games on it; it does not feel outdated.

Well as I hold my Pandora in my hands and play games on it; it does not feel outdated.
Even when playing all those retro games from the 80's and 90's? :lol:

See you.

18507.gif

I don't think any console that ships with its own compiler onboard is out-dated. Nothing else out there comes even close.

Still, I understand the situation for some who have been waiting and watching for so long. Those of us with the hardware in our hands are obviously in a better position to judge the situation, as the hardware is damned cool, but I can fully understand the desire to move on. There are some nice toys out there, definitely..

Just, none with a compiler onboard. :)

What torpor said. Maybe you want to reconsider buying a Pandora, if they get readily avaiable sometime or drop in price. It is, while the hardware is aging, still a really nice hacking console and definitely worth the puchase.

so... what you getting instead?

always a pretty important question! i still havent seen any all in one device that does it all better

Even when playing all those retro games from the 80's and 90's? :lol:
I know you were joking but I guess that's the point, no new hardware will play those games any better. In fact I guess an iPad2, Xoom, Netbook will play them worse because they lack the high quality controls.

The Pandora will never be outdated while it has no competition. Having said that, everyone is interested in the Pandora for their own reasons and part of the appeal in 2008 was most certainly the high processor spec which is no longer the case.

The Pandora is not for everyone. It is definitely for me, best piece of hardware I bought since the Amiga 1200.

I know you were joking but I guess that's the point, no new hardware will play those games any better. In fact I guess an iPad2, Xoom, Netbook will play them worse because they lack the high quality controls.

1128.10422.file.eng.Pirelli-Power.290.138.jpg

:) :)

In fact I guess an iPad2, Xoom, Netbook will play them worse because they lack the high quality controls.
Nothing stopping you plugging joysticks in a netbook though. Keyboard is easier to use IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I do like my Pandora, but I prefer larger keys that have smaller separation. I don't like these "calculator" keyboards they're throwing on netbooks.

The Pandora will never be outdated while it has no competition. Having said that, everyone is interested in the Pandora for their own reasons and part of the appeal in 2008 was most certainly the high processor spec which is no longer the case.
I know it's not quite the same, but the Xperia Android Phone/Playstation will probably become competition (if it's not already). One of my friends suggested that when I was looking at the Pandora. It doesn't have a keyboard, but I'm sure it'll support a bluetooth one. And being Android, I'm sure there'll be a compiler for it somewhere.

If it wasn't so expensive, I might have considered one and done a comparison

Obiwan22,

It is true that the Pandora's processor has been surpassed by now but that does not make the entire device outdated at all. That said, not everybody is looking at the Pandora for the same reasons and I have got to respect that.

Best of luck to you and farewell.

The Pandora will never be outdated while it has no competition

you speak about the controls, he speaks about the specs hardware.

the specs of the pandora is outdated comparing to nowadays machines.

you agree about controls,

but he agree about specs hardware.

Nothing stopping you plugging joysticks in a netbook though.
For me there is. Carrying it, and balancing it on your lap while on the train or a flight is a bit inconvenient. If you don't mind the cabling/balancing (or have a desk) then any netbook plus decent USB controller can do things the Pandora can't. I tried carrying a USB controller around with my laptop for a while (for the train commute to work) but rarely used it because it was too much hassle. Pandora is used almost daily.

I know it's not quite the same, but the Xperia Android Phone/Playstation will probably become competition (if it's not already). One of my friends suggested that when I was looking at the Pandora. It doesn't have a keyboard, but I'm sure it'll support a bluetooth one. And being Android, I'm sure there'll be a compiler for it somewhere.

If it wasn't so expensive, I might have considered one and done a comparison
It definitely looks like a nice gaming device, personally I enjoy having a hackable Linux OS rather than Android.

It all depends on the individuals requirements. Anything is competition if it suits your needs. For me the Pandora is a dream device, for others it might not be. Obiwan22 did exactly the right thing by figuring out if it was the right device for him before committing and getting frustrated. Shame really, he seems like a decent guy.

I well guess for me it was the web browsing. I wanted something that can play flash and play youtube etc etc. I know the pandora somewhat has all of this but it isnt enough for me.

I guess I Really wanted something that can replace my old laptop but truthfully I dont think the pandora can. That is why Im picking up a tablet/notebook/laptop combo. Its very nice and Im more familiar with android and rooting etc etc

thanks guys for the support

the forums is full of it

Back