Including Files In Fenix <_<

Quiest

I like turtles!
Okay, since the source file of the minigame project has gotten really really big, I decided to have every minigame in an included file, but since then, several games stopped running on the gp32, when I run for example Mario or Tunnel, the gp32 resets, while Bumblebee or Sonic still work fine... :angry:

They run on PC, they run when I test them in the main source on the gp32, so it`s definatly a problem with including files.

Hey Moogle, you said it was easy and good working, now, is there anything you have to do in any way to get included files 100% working?

Or is there a limit for included files? (which would be stupid)
Or is the GP32 port of Fenix just bitching around?

Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
Quiest posted on Sep 30 2005 at 05:26 PM said:
Okay, since the source file of the minigame project has gotten really really big, I decided to have every minigame in an included file, but since then, several games stopped running on the gp32, when I run for example Mario or Tunnel, the gp32 resets, while Bumblebee or Sonic still work fine... :angry:

They run on PC, they run when I test them in the main source on the gp32, so it`s definatly a problem with including files.

Hey Moogle, you said it was easy and good working, now, is there anything you have to do in any way to get included files 100% working?

Or is there a limit for included files? (which would be stupid)
Or is the GP32 port of Fenix just bitching around?
including files just makes a difference up till compiling, then you'll only get one DCB, so it has to be a compiler error, or some slight difference...
you wouldn't be using numbers of the datatype byte or so? i've had program crash with that :s

Last edited by a moderator:

Quiest

I like turtles!
But it does work when I`m not using included files or when I run it on pc, and I`m not using that datatype...

It`s strange cause it`s only a view games that reset the gp32... :wacko:

Don`t know what else could screw it up...

EDIT: IT WORKS NOW! HOORAY!

After a shitload of trying stuff, I finally got the fault:
Whatever you do when you work with included files in Fenix for the gp32, NEVER define ANY globals (or variables at all) in the included files.

After I have moved every variable definition to the main prg, it works like a charm on the gp32!

Moogle

Website
Visit site
Glad to see you got it working. I must say, I never tried to use includes in the Gp32 version, but since it's a direct port I never thought problems could arise. :) As Racemaniac pointed out should indeed be the case, but hey, it's still Fenix, you never know! For the globals declaration, I do it all the time and never had any problems(of course, on the pc eh?), probably a new gp32 only 'feature' :). Good job on getting it running though!