Info regarding 1ghz deal Please answer!!

brokemike

Hey i have 2 pandoras one 512mb and one 256mb could I trade these two for a new 1GHz model?

I would do that deal as well.

Howabout, one pandora, a pack of paperclips, a diet soda and halve an egg?

I figured it would be nice to continue the trading business with some more neat offers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot wait to get this new machine, but I was wondering how it is going to look and feel. Will it be about the same size and will there be some changes here and there?

About the 1GHz deal. In ED's shop (asuming dragonbox.de is Ed's shop), threre is main consoles and upgrades and there are also upgrade options to 1GHz units.

Currently they are labeled out of stock, but hopefully they will be back.

The prices looks ok, upgrade from 512MB version to 1Ghz version is $173.97, and 256MB version to 1Ghz is $358.

Now, as an old preorder I still havent got mine (ordered march 2009), but from what I have read is that most of us will (one day) receive 512MB pandoras.

If that upgrade offer still exists in the future, I would be happy to do that upgrade for $173.

But since I still havent got one, it would make more sense to upgrade now to avoid shipping costs and delays waiting for the upgrade. And as a bonus I would hopefully get my unit earlier than my orginal preorder.

The pandora team should benefit from it as well, because upgrading from new unit instead of a used one makes the trade in easier to sell.

While that upgrade will exist in the future, I'm not sure I can keep the price, as the EUR is getting worse :/

While that upgrade will exist in the future, I'm not sure I can keep the price, as the EUR is getting worse :/

I can live with price adjustments according to EUR value. (my country use NOK anyway :)

Anyway, is there a way I get that specific $173 upgrade for my pandora and avoid it from being sent to me first and than have to return it for the upgrade?

I can live with price adjustments according to EUR value. (my country use NOK anyway :)

Anyway, is there a way I get that specific $173 upgrade for my pandora and avoid it from being sent to me first and than have to return it for the upgrade?
I'd recommend upgrading your order to a 1Ghz right away now if you've considered upgrading sooner or later. That way you'll avoid the extra shipping hassle and you'll probably get it faster in the first place (instead of waiting for 512 unit, then shipping it back and forth). My original order was from February 2009, and upgrading made it actually look like I may see my precious unit sometime THIS summer (although the "summer" here in Norway this year has been quite shitty recently).

You should try to send an email to the shop you ordered from (ed or craig) with 1Ghz Upgrade in the subject field and tell them that you want to upgrade your original order. If you include your order original number straight away, you won't have to wait for them to send you an email asking for it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd recommend upgrading your order to a 1Ghz right away now if you've considered upgrading sooner or later. That way you'll avoid the extra shipping hassle and you'll probably get it faster in the first place (instead of waiting for 512 unit, then shipping it back and forth). My original order was from February 2009, and upgrading made it actually look like I may see my precious unit sometime THIS summer (although the "summer" here in Norway this year has been quite shitty recently).

You should try to send an email to the shop you ordered from (ed or craig) with 1Ghz Upgrade in the subject field and tell them that you want to upgrade your original order. If you include your order original number straight away, you won't have to wait for them to send you an email asking for it ;)

Thanks for your input. I did not even think about sending then an email, since my last attampts of emailing resulted in no answers (asking for updates on my order status).

But I will try to send an email to craigs shop again, hopyfully the 1Ghz in the subject line might trigger a reply:)

But I will try to send an email to craigs shop again, hopyfully the 1Ghz in the subject line might trigger a reply:)

Just an update for anyone interested. I did indeed get a reply.

But the upgrade price is unforunately far away from the prices in ED's store.

Although I was expecting that it might turn out to be a bit more than the $173 in ED's shop, I was hoping to get a good price quote.

But it seems like the upgrade price now is aprox the same as in the "How to get one" post from Craig, at EUR 368.

I thought that was a higher price due to that it was a test run and therefore was more expensive.

Now I still havent decided what to do here. I cant help feeling that I have to pay my pandora twice to get one.

Just an update for anyone interested. I did indeed get a reply.

But the upgrade price is unforunately far away from the prices in ED's store.

Although I was expecting that it might turn out to be a bit more than the $173 in ED's shop, I was hoping to get a good price quote.

But it seems like the upgrade price now is aprox the same as in the "How to get one" post from Craig, at EUR 368.

I thought that was a higher price due to that it was a test run and therefore was more expensive.

Now I still havent decided what to do here. I cant help feeling that I have to pay my pandora twice to get one.
I paid the "full" upgrade price, but had (luckily) apparently paid too much on my initial preorder 3 years ago. Something about EU taxes not applying to Norwegian orders, plus I had paid for a carrying case that I no longer wanted. So that lowered my upgrade cost to 285 $. (1700 NOK)

However it seems like you paid the "original" price 3 years ago, and not the most recent price for the 512 model, which is higher than your original order. The 173$ deal is only valid if you've ordered a new 512 model full price. If you bought 3 years ago, you're still entitled to a 512 model, but the upgrade cost to a 1Ghz will be higher, since you've "only paid" for a 256 model.

I hope that clears up a few things :)

Back