Introduce yourself

Hi Hamish, and what's the TPB represent?

I immediately associate those letters with Trailer Park Boys? :)

Hey there. My name is Atilla. I currently reside in Antwerp, Belgium and work as a kernel/OS developer. In the past I worked with Linux, and slowly I am getting into Android(OS development) as well.

I like Free Software, Beat'em'up games, Commodore 64, and Belgian beer.

Ah ok... Polar bears are cool too :)

Pun intended

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there!

My name is Bruno, I was born and raised in my current city, Balneário Camboriú (Santa Catarina, Brasil).

I'm totally noob about coding, I can do just very simple things, but I like to play with Linux and everything related to it, Linux is sexy!

I love modding consoles, be it installing modchips or softmodding, I like to see the machine doing things it was never suposed to do! XD

Other things that I like are routers, installing OpenWRT to them and doing crazy things... and music. Pink Floyd, high quality rips from Japanese pressings and Vinyl.

I have one Wii with Wode, Xbox 360 Slim with xk3y, PS2 with Softmod loading games from SMB, Nintendo DS with flashcards, and one Nintendo 3DS XL on firmware 4.5 with Gateway! :D :D Also one PSP 3000 with 6.20 perma. And a Wii U and I already preordered WiiKeyÜ!! :D

I share a lot on private trackers, and I like to preserve the Scene Releases, not repacking them, and sharing for a long time! Because of this, I needed to build one NAS for me, I have choosen FreeNAS and I'm using 2x4TB discs on RAID with ZFS. I have the redump full set for NDS, PSX, N64 and other collections...

To help me seeding, I set up a Raspberry Pi as a 24/7 seeding machinne! Runs flawlessly!

I like to reduce the number of devieces that I need, the DragonBox Pyra will be amazing, with it I will be abble to play SNES and other emulators perfectly, and it seems the only perfect SNES emulator on handheld now is on the Pandora.

I don't own a Pandora, and as the Pyra is comming up, it is my dream now, my mission it to pre-order one DragonBox Pyra as soon as possible, it will replace many things and will be extremely usefull in day-to-day life, just to think on running full GNU/Linux desktop applications on a soo little mini laptop/console is amazing!!

I don't know how I will be active in this community, but I'm friendly and always looking forward to help others!

Bye! :D

Welcome aboard!

It looks like we share similar hobbies, especially collecting and modding consoles^^.

The NAS/home server seems to be pretty useful. I hope your Raspberry Pi does really run that stable. Mine crashes from time to time.

cya

Yes welcome brun0ls, Pyra is going to cause a lot of devices going into retirement on the shelf :)

Welcome aboard!

It looks like we share similar hobbies, especially collecting and modding consoles^^.

The NAS/home server seems to be pretty useful. I hope your Raspberry Pi does really run that stable. Mine crashes from time to time.

cya
Once a month I reboot it, it used to be more frequent and I think the lack of grounding was the problem!
I used to have more consoles but emulation and space saving convinced me to sell some.

Yes welcome brun0ls, Pyra is going to cause a lot of devices going into retirement on the shelf :)
Thanks!!

Sure it will :D

Hey there. My name is Atilla. I currently reside in Antwerp, Belgium and work as a kernel/OS developer. In the past I worked with Linux, and slowly I am getting into Android(OS development) as well.

I like Free Software, Beat'em'up games, Commodore 64, and Belgian beer.
Welcome to the (small) club of Belgian Pandora enthusiasts!

We seem to have a lot in common: I also like Free Software, C64, and Belgian beer ;)

Do you speak Dutch/Flemish?

Hmm.

Currently 24 years old living born and most likely will die in the harsh country known as Finland.

People call me Marko in real life.

Main hobbies are photography, walks and horseriding. Ised to have RC planes too, but too frequent crashing annoyed me. Maybe one day.

Tends mostly to game on his desktop, but occasionally on a 3ds or dsLite. Also a gameboy advance sp. Which i found in a secondhandshop for about 30 euro, had pokemon sapphire with it.

that find kinda started my interest a couple years ago for handheld.

which layer caused me to get 3ds and dsLite.

And couple weeks ago Pandora.

Right now playing and dow loading roms and emulators. Going to try if k can use it as a gps device, found a bluetooth gps reciever in a secondhandshop.

Hi everyone....I have joined the forum because Fae Minx, my son and best friend, wanted me to meet you ....or you to meet me.

We are in business together but also each have our own businesses. We both make things to sell at festivals and parties and I go to India to source the clothing I love to wear and sell.

I have a gypsy spirit...hence my name. People just started calling me that naturally along the way. I love moving around...the world is my home....abd I love people. So if anyone wants to be friends I'd be happy to meet you.

You might want to describe the tech you use in your life, I.e. your laptop, android tv box, note 2, and what you use them for... what you like about them and what you don't like about them.

Then I'm sure some other members here would be happy to discuss whether or not the Pyra could be an option for you.

If set up properly I would bet it could replace all 3... and you would have me to help you with the tricky stuff.

Welcome, fellow gypsy traveller :) . It's nice to find like minded people, and would be happy indeed to be friends *huggles*

Back