Introduce yourself

lololol it didn't give me the options I wanted for xfiles and star trek! I like both muchly :D .

@Shenmue: *27 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
lololol it didn't give me the options I wanted for xfiles and star trek! I like both muchly :D .
You want options? Here's your options. ;)

products-range_original.png

+ I really should get round to finishing off my own introduction. :lol:

I've made a few posts here and there, but didn't notice this thread till now.

Hi everyone! I'm Rivaan, though my real name is Ran. I'm 28 years old from London, England.

I would describe myself as a gamer, though these days I only play my 3DS a few hours a week. I'm slowly getting back into PC gaming. I have had each of the major consoles each generation, from N64/PS1 through to PS3/Wii/X360. I don't really play enough anymore to justify getting them all, each generation, though I caved when the Zelda limited edition 3DS XL was revealed. I also plan to get a Wii U at some point in the future. My favourite game series include Castlevania, Final Fantasy (at least up until 12 and Crisis Core), and Legend of Zelda. My favourite RPG is probably Chrono Trigger, though I haven't completed it. I've enjoyed watching anime and reading manga since I was 7 (back when I had to rely on the local video rental store and my Japanese friend!), as well as watching TV shows like Star Trek: TNG/Voyager, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica (reboot), Arrested Development, Sherlock, Grimm, Arrow, and Almost Human, to name a few.

I first discovered the OpenPandora in 2009, and have been lurking here on and off ever since. I was never in a financial situation to be able to afford the Pandora, but I plan to be ready for the Pyra when it comes out! My family, friends, classmates, and some teachers know about the Pyra, because when I'm excited about something, I just can't contain myself! :lol:

If anyone has any more questions, feel free to ask.

I've been posting here quite a bit and haven't introduced myself, hello.

My name is Mohammad and I'm a small-time game developer living in Dubai, UAE. I do writing and graphic work for Zombie Camel Games. I was contemplating getting an Open Pandora for a while, but after my GP2X Wiz had its screen rot out I caved and got myself the Pandora. I gravitate towards handheld gaming more than anything else and have a soft spot for DOS games had grown a taste for horror and turn-based strategy RPGs.

What up, Pandora forum?

Your New Orleans native's comin' at ya live from somewhere you're currently not...even though it's not New Orleans. I guess you could consider me not so well-versed in this wizardry y'all like to call "software," but I'm gonna learn, so it's no biggie. I have an HP Pavilion 15 that I'm gonna put Ubuntu on now that I'm fed up with Windows 8 (and I'd like to start carving out my own experiences, so, hey, gotta start somewhere). Maybe I'll stick with it or try another *buntu. Time will tell.

I found the Open Pandora when looking through some Stuart Ashens tech reviews. A full computer that's the size of a DS and comes with built-in controls? Time to set the timer on my bank account.

Currently drifting from job-to-job 'til the Chair Force scoops me up. Or, more appropriately, when I tell them to.

Edit: Almost forgot. I'm a gamer as well. I enjoy just about anything that's not a brown shooter or whatever shiny piece of plastic EA/Activision/Neo-Bioware/Konami puts out. Fighting games are alright, I guess. Besides that, I'll play just about anything.

I just placed my order for a Pandy this weekend on Ithic, then noticed today that the Pandora is no longer in stock in the store.  I'm hoping I placed my order in time and I am able to join this awesome community.  =)

My name is Bill (hence the avatar), and I live in eastern USA.  I'm an avid gamer who likes all kinds of games, new and old.  My first console was an Atari 2600 and my first computer was a Commodore 64.  I've been a big fan of games on both computer and console... although nowadays I've kinda ditched the console scene and only game on handhelds and computers now.  I usually only use my PS3 to watch Netflix on the TV.  =D

As for the games I like... I will play just about anything.  I usually like games that allow for some exploration... like Zelda, Metroid, and Castlevania (particularly from SotN to OoE).  I also like some RPGs... like the old Ultima games and Might & Magic: World of Xeen.  And I like to play some classic arcade games like Pac Man and Donkey Kong when I only have time for a quick game.

Thanks for reading!  I'm looking forward to seeing what the Pandy has to offer, and I look forward to being part of the community.  =)

I just placed my order for a Pandy this weekend on Ithic, then noticed today that the Pandora is no longer in stock in the store. I'm hoping I placed my order in time and I am able to join this awesome community. =)

There should be enough left, EvilDragon mentioned a few days ago that there should be ~200 units left for sale.. the main Germany store has them in stock still, you may just have to wait for the next shipment from Germany to show up.

I just placed my order for a Pandy this weekend on Ithic, then noticed today that the Pandora is no longer in stock in the store
Neither EvilDragon nor Link do pre-orders now. If you successfully placed the order then I'm pretty sure you got the last one that was in stock, lucky you. Anyone who wants one is going to have to wait until Link gets the next shipment.I've just tried and now that they're out of stock it won't let me add to cart, so it's safe to say that if you did complete the transaction that you should be getting one soon enough. :)

There should be enough left, EvilDragon mentioned a few days ago that there should be ~200 units left for sale.. the main Germany store has them in stock still, you may just have to wait for the next shipment from Germany to show up.
I've just tried and now that they're out of stock it won't let me add to cart, so it's safe to say that if you did complete the transaction that you should be getting one soon enough. :)
Thanks guys!  I'm looking forward to getting my new Pandora!   :)    However, I hope that my order didn't prevent you from getting one, WizardStan. :unsure:

Back