IOQuake3 Quake III mouse look nub jerky?

ClockwoekRobot

Still Fresh
Pandora beginner... :rolleyes:

OK got quake3 running nice except using the default controls, slowing down the mouse look considerably, I find the right analogue controller on my pandora gives me very jerky motion as i look around. It appears to speed up and slow down in fits and stars even as i hold the control steady.

Known issue? anything I can do about it?

I checked the Pandora Input test and my controls appear to be generating steady outputs there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only tried it briefly and have recently got a USB hub, does a mouse help resolve the issue?

I've reconfiged it to use buttons only for now. It's playable like that although fingers crossed for a fix some day.

If anyone knows how to get an external mouse working with this, I would be very interested... Otherwise with the controls as they are this game is just not really playable for me.

Here's hoping Pickle decides to revisit this port one day, or someone else decides to give it a shot.

If anyone knows how to get an external mouse working with this, I would be very interested... Otherwise with the controls as they are this game is just not really playable for me.

Here's hoping Pickle decides to revisit this port one day, or someone else decides to give it a shot.

+1

It's a real shame that what could be one of the true Pandora greats is crippled by a lack of mouse support. Call me a traditionalist but FPS without mouse + keyboard just feels wrong to me.

THose Quake ports are from very early in the Pandora lifespan, so efforts were made to try configure them as best as possible for nubs controls, unfortunately it meant that using external mice wasn't implemented at the time.

Anyone have any idea what would make good controls (Pandora only, not mouse.)

I could do some quick hacks to it, but I can't really think of a good set of controls. Its a tough one to map..

jeff

Back