Iphone Controls Addon

dsleaf67

Website
Visit site
No its not Craigix and company's icontrolpad, this is one of the big boys ...

See article here

... Its Belkin and makes/mimics the controls of the Zodiac (the system that truly converted me from PDA to handheld gaming).

Looks cool and at the very least could be some stiff competition.

Seems to have been leaked from the patent Belkin applied for. I wonder if the iControlPad will invalidate this patent (or parts of it) on the grounds that others were in public development in May?

The worrying thing for Craigix is that Apple have already stated that they will provide full support for Belkins product in there official iPhone/iTouch SDK, rather than just jailbroken apps.

Squidge said:
Seems to have been leaked from the patent Belkin applied for. I wonder if the iControlPad will invalidate this patent (or parts of it) on the grounds that others were in public development in May?

The worrying thing for Craigix is that Apple have already stated that they will provide full support for Belkins product in there official iPhone/iTouch SDK, rather than just jailbroken apps.
The worrisome thing is to get the iControlpad out fast. The only way to compete with this news is for craigix to work exclusively on the iControlpad. No doubt Berkin created the gamepad after hearing about the iControlpad. I wonder if Apple might have even approached them. It would be a shame for craigix to lose out on the iPhone/iTouch market for the iControlpad would outsell Pandora by a huge margin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this actually confirmed to be from belkin? It seems a little strange that they would use a render in their (kinda)promotion material

Back