Is Caanoo The Right Device For Me?

theone

Still Fresh
Ok, I'm planning to play NeoGeo, MAME, SNES, GBA, maybe ScummVM and homebrew stuff. I already have an PSP, but I never play with it, although the PSP isn't bad for these things.

What do you mean, is the Caanoo the right device for me??? Is it better for emulation, than the PSP? Or will it be better in emulation than the PSP?!

Thanks!!!

Hmm what you want todo with it? you can play on caanoo: PSX, SNES, NES, GBA, GB and some more emulators.
Then you have tones of other nice Homebrew.

PSP Pro:
+ can play UMD
+ WiFi Build in

PSP Contra:
- no Touchscreen
- Every Firmware want block Homebrews...

Caanoo Pro:
+ Have Touchscreen
+ Have a Nice Comunety

Caanoo Contra:
- No WiFi Build in
- Most Homebrews are in Dev at moment(Caanoo is NEW!!!)

I dont't really need the UMD-Drive and the wifi, because i don't really want to play PSP games anymore and I also don't need to get online with the Caanoo. I'm really interested into playing emulated games and homebrew. The Caanoo seems to be a nice device, but I don't know if i should get it. I'm a little bit afraid, that there won't be much people developing on it. I hope there will be much good and technically mature emulators. Can you say anything out of your experience??

There are some :) i have port some Homebrew too my newest project is: the mana world an mmorpg

teh psp has been around since 06? and has alot of mature projects and commercial interest...it was made for regular people ie sheep. if you want a some what tailored experience, big name games, large coorporation backing and dont not have patience psp (even the ds) is teh way to go.
teh caanoo on the other hand is for the people who want to be seperate from the herds of mindless sheep. sure it has nearly zero commercial interest and is only backed by a small outfit inside korea but it is open both in that its your hardware, its your software and your mind...and i know tonnes of spelling/gramatical errors!

Hope there will be a lot of development on this device in future. Yeah you are right, you can't compare it with the PSP, because the PSP is on the market for years, compared to the Caanoo.

@Rikku2000: Is this the same like: Secret of Mana???

P.S: I really respect all developers, who make great ports and games. Without them, a console like Caanoo, Pandora or whatever wouldn't be as great, as it might become one day :)

The One, you can join in. Even if you are not a developer, artist, sound guru or anything else, you can still help out. You can provide feedback to the developers. Some comments go a long way, and it is very motivating for developers to hear from people playing their games/emulators.

/Uni

u9i said:
The One, you can join in. Even if you are not a developer, artist, sound guru or anything else, you can still help out. You can provide feedback to the developers. Some comments go a long way, and it is very motivating for developers to hear from people playing their games/emulators.

/Uni
hey are you clement? anyway i add news to www.caanoo-news.com . and it would be good to go check it out

Last edited by a moderator:
u9i said:

/Uni

Ok! Where's the best place to comment games, apps and emulators??

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a good place. Also, the Caanoo archive and GPH's official Facebook page are good places to comment. GPH seems really good about getting back to people on their Facebook page.

Back