Is it possible to run "Don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story"

it seems styled on the Amiga, which is certainly not a "retro" computer unless you're twelve years old ;-)
Seriously? I'm very nearly 40 and my first job was working in a shop selling Amigas. As they've been out of production for the best part of 20 years, it surely classes as retro in anybody's book. OK, it has a HUGE underground following and people are still writing new games, applications and demos for the Amiga (as well as new peripherals, on the subject of which, I need to buy myself a new ACA 1230 accelerator :D ), but there's also new software being written for the Spectrum.

... what are pyo files? Are they compiled .py files? Are they platform independent (like for example java compiled programs) or do they need to be compiled for every platform?
They are compiled and optimized .py files (compiled to python bytecode). Don't take optimized too literal, it mainly strips asserts if I remember correctly.

They should be platform independent, but they do depend on the version of python that made them. If you run them with other versions it might throw a "bad magic number" error.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should be platform independent, but they do depend on the version of python that made them. If you run them with other versions it might throw a "bad magic number" error.

Ugh! That's not funny!

I had another look to the sources and NOT everything is python. There is some C code that must be compiled :( .

Too bad I can't find a Pandora SDK for 64 bit Linux. Tried the 32 bit one but it fails loading libraries (as expected).

UP !!

Because I've seen "Digital: A love story" ported to Pandora, maybe even this "spiritual sequel" can be ported now ? ^_^

Too bad I can't find a Pandora SDK for 64 bit Linux. Tried the 32 bit one but it fails loading libraries (as expected).

I'm running the 32bit bit Pandora SDK on a 64 bit Linux distribution without issues... just need to get in the habit of downloading both the 64 and 32 bit development libraries.

Also cheers to Freamon who ported this even though it's not my cup of tea...

What trashy said.

Also you can just use a virtual machine.

UP !!

Because I've seen "Digital: A love story" ported to Pandora, maybe even this "spiritual sequel" can be ported now ? ^_^

Not yet no. Digital uses Ren'Py version 6.10.2, from before they added the open gl stuff. I tried the sequel, but it seems dependent on version 6.11 (which was a fairly hefty re-write, aswell as adding OpenGL). I will look into getting version 6.11 running, but Open GL -> Open GLES is was beyond my competency level to be honest, so hopefully someone else will look into to it too.

I could be wrong, but I think Cloudef got Ren'Py working in a newer version, didn't he?

Well he seems to be keeping it to himself if he did (I can't find anything on these forums). He'd be the guy to do it though, based on his skills / love of anime.

EDIT:

Back