Is my GP32 broken?

tazmania

Still Fresh
Hi, I just bought GP32 few days ago from play-asia. When I open the box, it has a film screen protector on it. I put in a smc , batteries and turn it on, everything is ok. When I turn it off, I notice screen is still fill with some graphics and letters, not an instant off you get when you turn of your tv or lcd monitor. I am wondering if this unit is bad. Also when I log in first time to register this unit, I didn't have to enter any ID from my GP32. After I connect the link, GP32 and link to my computer and to the web site. My GP32 is register now, just I am not sure if this unit is a used one/ broken one or this is normal. BTW, GP32 is really awesome, I like it better than my GBA SP.

The screen fading after turning off is normal - it's not harmful in any way.

As for the registering thing - I'm not sure...

As long as the GP32 runs all the programs you want it to run - I wouldn't consider it broken :D

right here comes my right dodgy memory!!

its something to do with the kind of screen they use, to give a clearer image it does something and after you turn it off you get "pixel images" or something like that, my GBA did it for about 10 months after i got it

Back