Is Quake 1 Ported?

CapcomSuicide

Hi,

I have tried to search the forums, file archive and apps page, but no luck. The Quake2 port is incredible, but I prefer quake1. :)

Is it possible to run the original quake on Pandora?

C_S

mali said:
Pickle ported it using nanoGL, but I don't know where to download, either.

Ohhhh.

Well I absolutly don't want to pester someone how works so hard for the scene like Pickle, so I am sure that he will realease it when he's happy then.

Thanks for letting me know! A light in the tunnel is a good feeling.

Despite liking Quake1 better, the visuals of Quake2 on the Pandy just bowled me over, soooooo smooth! Makes me super keen to try Q1.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://bugs.openpandora.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=117

Spirit said:
http://bugs.openpandora.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=117

Ahhhhh! That explains it. Bugs and those damned bugs! :lol:

Fingers crossed it will get done at some stage then. Quake1 really is a very good game. :)

Thanks everyone for their help with info, I did my best to search, but didn't think of the bug list.

Cheers

C_S

Pickle said:
Ive got something else in the works, hopefully it works out and there isnt any lockups.

Thanks for the update Pickle. Really appreciate the work you do & good luck with your current projects :)

you see....this is what makes the pandora amazing, you ask a question about an app, and the damn person whos responsible for it gives you the info you need, you ask a question about the hardware, and the damn person whos responsible for that gives you the info you need, and if you complain about something, the damn person you ordered from tells you to bloody screw off@!

DaMummy said:
you see....this is what makes the pandora amazing, you ask a question about an app, and the damn person whos responsible for it gives you the info you need, you ask a question about the hardware, and the damn person whos responsible for that gives you the info you need, and if you complain about something, the damn person you ordered from tells you to bloody screw off@!

+1

-God Ginrai

DaMummy said:

This is what I love about Open Source in general... if I'm stuck on a bug in Gentoo, I hop on #gentoo and the guys responsible for it help me. If I'm stuck on a bug in mplayer, I hop on #mplayer and the guys responsible for it help me.

If my roomate has a problem with Windows (every week he has another 10 virii/spyware running), he can spend an hour reading the unhelpful Help and Support Center, another hour on microsoft.com getting no help, and eventually he will just have to ask ME to help. Of course, my favorite way of helping is to wipe the drive and install OpenSUSE. Then he'd never have that particular problem again. Unfortunately, he ends up ignoring me and reformatting and reinstalling Windows like once a month.

- trix

DaMummy said:
:D

typs lik dis said:
no one thanks me ... the humble helper

been-waiting-3-hourz-for-a-high-five.jpg

DaMummy said:

The same could be said about the wiz, gp2x and gp32. It's the open source nature that you like, not necessarily the Pandora.

christo930 said:
DaMummy said:

The same could be said about the wiz, gp2x and gp32. It's the open source nature that you like, not necessarily the Pandora.

There are some cool non-open source communities out there too.

For example, I always liked the crowd at GizmondoForums. While obviously a different audience and culture to this place, everyone seemed to have a really great attitude. If you can imagine the PSP community, but more polite and well meaning... :)

Back