Is the Pandora's ABXY layout confusing?

Is the ABXY layout confusing?

• Yes, I get messed up in emulators periodically

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Yes, I get messed up in many games and apps (not just emulators) periodically

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Yes, I got messed up at first but adapted and now have no problem

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Yes, I never got messed up but personally know someone who does periodically

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, I never got messed up and don't actually know anyone who has but can see how someone might

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • No, there's sufficient context that I don't see any potential for confusion

Votes: 55 62.5%

• Total voters

It's a case I had since my first emulator handheld I had(GP2X Wiz), when I saw the different button placement I kind of got worried that I'll mix the buttons up but mentally I know where the specific systems' buttons are so it's no bother. I worried again with the Pandora and that quickly stopped being a big deal, so ABXY placement? not a real problem you just need to trust your muscle memory  ;)

I don't think anyone can find the labels confusing for emulators - I can't think of any emulators that tell you which Pandora buttons to use. You just assume they line up with the buttons of the original console.

I can never remember where the x and y buttons when playing snes and get mixed up by the Pandora's setup, other than that though, i don't get mixed up.

I can never remember where the x and y buttons when playing snes and get mixed up by the Pandora's setup, other than that though, i don't get mixed up.
For your future emulation needs: Just remember that the top row is end of alphabet and bottom row is beginning. Nintendo layouts read right to left, Sega, Xbox, etc. read left to right.

-God Ginrai

Someone deleted their vote for no and someone voted the top Yes. If that was the same person switching their votes, then someone is trying to fix the votes. :\

-God Ginrai

I'm always mystified at such accusations of vote fixing...  why would anyone fix the vote *against* their actual position?

- Neelix

I'm always mystified at such accusations of vote fixing...  why would anyone fix the vote *against* their actual position?

- Neelix
Why would someone delete their vote and vote the complete opposite? I can understand being swayed by a view. But since this poll is based on fact, there isn't room for sway.

-God Ginrai

The top "yes" vote? I noticed it went up one when knightron posted. I'm assuming it was his vote. No idea why someone would delete their vote though.

It seems more likely that if someone did change their vote from "No" it would have been  to "Maybe"  which seems like a fairly reasonable change if one was convinced by the arguments.  

- Neelix

It seems more likely that if someone did change their vote from "No" it would have been  to "Maybe"  which seems like a fairly reasonable change if one was convinced by the arguments.  

- Neelix
Nah, the only vote that went up since the delete was "Yes". Hence why I suggested that if they were the same person, that it was a case of vote-fixing.

-God Ginrai

*shrugs*  Either way I think you're being paranoid, and allegations of vote fixing are both bizarre and uncalled for.

- Neelix

*shrugs*  Either way I think you're being paranoid, and allegations of vote fixing are both bizarre and uncalled for.

- Neelix
I didn't accuse anyone of vote fixing. I stated that if it was the same person, then it would be. In case anyone was trying to vote fix, they know they were caught and are less likely to try anything else.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Back